this is a culmination of multiple seasons of disastrous roster management | Syracusefan.com

this is a culmination of multiple seasons of disastrous roster management

orangehomer

All American
first the white/gillon debacle when Boeheim thought he was stepping down, and then another wasted scholarship on Thorpe. those 3 scholarships could have been used on freshman who would be upperclassmen by now. this team would look a lot different with one solid big man.

and then this season. when the eulogy is written on this team, the main question is what the hell is the truth about Jalen carey? wouldn't it have been nice to have a 4* guard coming off the bench when buddy or girard was struggling instead of goodine? carey could have absolutely helped this team this year and the staff has some 'splainin to do.

You were honestly on to something with the title to this thread and then completely fell apart in the post itself. I laughed at the white/gillon part though. Well done.

The Carey part is just so absurd I don’t even know how to reply to it. Again, good work.

we took white and gillon in 16-17, they gave us an NIT season. 2 scholarships spent on freshmen would be seniors right now. playing gillon also resulted in running off caleb joseph, who might have been able to help us the year battle and howard had to play 40 every night. the Thorpe scholly could be a junior right now.

we took white and gillon in 16-17, they gave us an NIT season. 2 scholarships spent on freshmen would be seniors right now. playing gillon also resulted in running off caleb joseph, who might have been able to help us the year battle and howard had to play 40 every night. the Thorpe scholly could be a junior right now.

We took White over the summer. Tons of stud freshmen out there at that point!

I don't remember one poster complaining about wasting a scholarship on Gillon the night he scored 43 against NC State, or the night he beat Duke at the buzzer.

So, you're saying the surgery Carey had on his thumb was unneccessary?
I think he’s implying that thumbs were broken but not in the way you’d think it happened?

I think he’s implying that thumbs were broken but not in the way you’d think it happened?
f3ecbb45016708f34321401113b59345--seinfeld-tv-quotes.jpg.cf.jpg

I don't remember one poster complaining about wasting a scholarship on Gillon the night he scored 43 against NC State, or the night he beat Duke at the buzzer.
so we are just cherrypicking? because all I remember about him is NIT.

edit: and we screwed over program kids for him to get minutes and that matters.

Last edited:
So, you're saying the surgery Carey had on his thumb was unneccessary? Guess we'd better call the medical ethics board.
I don’t think it was unnecessary but my gut tells me he would have played with it if he wasn’t banished to the end of the bench

Homer, can you explain who Gillon screwed over? Was it Frank Howard? Frank just wasn't consistent enough, he improved JR year but disappointed senior year. I think JB wanted Frank to own the role but he wasn't good enough at the time.

You’ve ascended quickly into the category one of our worst posters on the board. Congrats! It usually takes years to achieve such an honor.

white and Gillon were gem finds ding dong...

Homer, can you explain who Gillon screwed over? Was it Frank Howard? Frank just wasn't consistent enough, he improved JR year but disappointed senior year. I think JB wanted Frank to own the role but he wasn't good enough at the time.

Exactly right. Frank started the year and started for a while from what I remember before Gillon took over the starting spot.

I don’t think it was unnecessary but my gut tells me he would have played with it if he wasn’t banished to the end of the bench
You should have your gut checked out. It could be serious.

What do you think contributed to his poor play? Could it have been, oh, I don't know, a bad thumb?

In the article announcing the surgery, JB says, "He’s had an injury for quite some time."

This is a strange theory on a board full of them...elective surgery on his thumb then?

You mean he came in and beat kids out for PT? That’s sports.

“All I remember is NIT”...oh, you’re one of those. It’s your birthright for them to win 25 and go to the sweet 16 every single season huh?

You mean he came in and beat kids out for PT? That’s sports.

“All I remember is NIT”...oh, you’re one of those. It’s your birthright for them to win 25 and go to the sweet 16 every single season huh?
The narrative about Frank and Johnny is so stupid it’s really not worth responding to.

John Gillon and Andrew White were the only reason that team was competitive.
I remember after the BC beatdown that year on NYD and the next game against Miami JB sitting FH's a$$ down and going all-in with Gillon and that turning the season around.

Grad transfers aren't the problem. The problem has been recruiting a ball handler and an-around big.

If we had that 2016-2017 post-BC team this season we would be a tournament.

The only rotation player from that team who didn't like Gillon was Lydon.

Our team this year has actually gotten better this year. The problem is this team is just flawed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom