This is about as Kentucky as it gets | Syracusefan.com

This is about as Kentucky as it gets

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/16/2153635/rush-led-to-typos-on-uk-basketball.html

7hg9.AuSt.79.jpg

In other news,

"Pikeville Kentucky spends entire 2012 fiscal budget on fake city key and plaque for John Calipari"

I was going to ask who the hell proofread that and gave it the OK, but then I realized you have to be able to read in order to proofread. So really, in fairness, I give whoever punched random keys hoping they'd make some sort of sense without knowing what any of the little symbols meant did a pretty good job, all things considered.

How DARE those other teams steal that trofee, I mean, trophy!

LOL I have been to Pikeville. It's best know for crystal meth, half the population is addicted to pain meds

The red-lined spelling mistakes are the funniest thing about this plaque .. not Pikeville.

The "th[e]" could be a typo. My favorite is the misuse of the apostrophe in the last phrase, "IT'S [rightful home]". It should be "its" (possessive).

Classic.

This UK ad over on the right side of the screen makes me sick. "Congrats Kentucky, 2012 NCAA Champions", then you can buy their gear. Pound salt.

The red-lined spelling mistakes are the funniest thing about this plaque .. not Pikeville.

The "th[e]" could be a typo. My favorite is the misuse of the apostrophe in the last phrase, "IT'S [rightful home]". It should be "its" (possessive).

Classic.

Got to admit...its and it's have always been trippers for me...and I'll probably never figure out affect and effect.

Got to admit...its and it's have always been trippers for me...and I'll probably never figure out affect and effect.

But at least you would think to ask, or look up the correct spelling, before you had it etched into a trophy.

Sometimes effects affect us.

I have two tickets to the game, too.

In my capacity as a teacher I maintain a list of grammar tips. Years ago I was helped out by a board member:

Another method of remembering the 2 ‘fects’ is:

Affect is the "a"ct of producing an effect.

(this mnemonic was supplied by AZOrange)

Maintenance bites me. I am still not convinced it should not be maintainence. Hell, that fools 3/4 of the population so you really can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom