This is going to mess up a lot of recruiting Excel charts. | Syracusefan.com

This is going to mess up a lot of recruiting Excel charts.

Hoo's That

Living Legend
This was posted on our football board. (We don't have one devoted to recruiting so the mods can move it if they like.) It will be interesting to see how the services react.

DzYVGjpWkAIuJXO.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Alabama will land him.

If they do, does he count against the 85 when he arrives...

Cant say Im surprised and that it wasn't done before. This def lowers the credibility of what the "ranking" sites do but most new their flawed operating system.

Much like the NCAA, cant trust the rankings....

Shocked that they didn't give him 4 stars with his "Bama Offer"...

Yet people complain that our classes are ranked too low on the sites. It's all subscriber BS.
Our classes are ranked too low based on the offers the kids have.

We should be way higher ranked than Pitt just based on that alone, but alas we aren't because we don't have enough subscribers.

Cant say Im surprised and that it wasn't done before. This def lowers the credibility of what the "ranking" sites do but most new their flawed operating system.

Much like the NCAA, cant trust the rankings...

Sportswriter I once knew started a column: "Pro wrestling is losing all of its credibility."

Your comment on the recruiting sites losing theirs brought back that wonderful line.

Translated don't bother going to those camps put on by recruiting services to be "evaluated"
The only "camps" worth anything are the Nike and Under Armour camps. Only because they can be used to determine whether or not it's worth it to travel all over the country to college camps.

Also, college camps are somewhat "over-rated", too. The blue-chip schools (e.g. Alabama) won't even know your kid exists unless invited.

The camps to go to, if your kid is sans scholarship going into his senior year, are the ones held by G5 teams and the non-blue chip schools. The kid will actually have a fighting chance at one of those.

Rivals is the biggest joke of them all !!
If Tommy played as a sophomore in high school ( which he should have ) he would have had early offers and been a 5 star ! That’s why he out performed all the elite 11 qbs and was viewed as an underdog . Tua , Trevor Lawrence they were 5 stars and come in with the extra hype deservedly so . It’s a shame Tommy has to go the harder road again but he will . Commentators are the same they read the hype sheets and are clueless. It’s a messed up system for sure

Camp at the schools you are interested in attending. Coaches see you doing the drills that are important to them. They can mentally compare you to their current players.
We did lots of regular (soccer) camps. Only one, EXACT, was worth while.

Shocked that they didn't give him 4 stars with his "Bama Offer"...

Yet people complain that our classes are ranked too low on the sites. It's all subscriber BS.

Been saying this same thing for years.

As for this particular case, don't these sites constantly tell us that they will rank players they haven't seen as a 2-star only? Yet, here we are. Fake Ratings.

This was posted on our football board. (We don't have one devoted to recruiting so the mods can move it if they like.) It will be interesting to see how the services react.

View attachment 153450

This was pulled off with a local kid too. I forget the name they used but it was a QB at the local CNS high school. Gave him stats, no film, lots of bluster and he got ranked on the recruiting sites. I knew something was wrong right off the bat because I knew the QB from CNS, and it wasn’t him.

Camp at the schools you are interested in attending. Coaches see you doing the drills that are important to them. They can mentally compare you to their current players.

As someone formerly of the baseball recruiting world who worked for a 3rd party site, this is the advice I would give all the kids and what I would do with my kid.

I'd tell them, do one event with us so we have film and measurables on you when coaches look to start verifying information (either by calling me or checking the site) and then camp at schools so they can see you and size you up.

Football and baseball are different worlds of recruiting, so I partially disagree with Salem's take, but you need to pick your spots intelligently and have a certain reason for why you are going.

WITH an invite. You can still be noticed without, but an invite should get an eval.

For football, sites bump kids based on geography. Check FSU's oline... Our staff seems to do well with evals, and they prefer a camp, when possible, to make sure. As proven by this experiment, the sites are a complete crapshoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom