This is on Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

This is on Boeheim

If I may extrapolate KCSU remark at half time saying the poor showing was on JB, it must be the second half and win must also be on JB.
Might want to hold off on these types of posts until we actually string some games of decent offense in a row... because we’ve had multiple years of bad offense in a row.

Obviously we’d all love for this to be the new norm.

If I may extrapolate KCSU remark at half time saying the poor showing was on JB, it must be the second half and win must also be on JB.
If the 2nd half is credit to JB, it’s also on him for not pushing tempo the whole half and letting the Hoyas off the hook. Pushing tempo here and there won’t work with these guys... they cannot play half court. The sooner JB realizes that and changes his approach to match that the more likely we stay off the bubble.

We hit shots it's good coaching. We miss shots, it's bad coaching.

I think we are destined to be an up and down halfcourt offensive team as we lack inside scoring - both off post ups and penetration.

Really hope we find a way to get out in transition more often to compensate though. We need to get some easy baskets. Energizes the team and fan base. That’s what people want to watch and kids want to play, IMO.

Wow I really don’t know what happened in that game. The first half I was ready to cry. The second half I said wow, this is a team that could make a deep run into March.

While I agree with the need to get the offense in a positive, consistent level, my point was simply that it's easy to take shots at JB when things aren't going right. Just give him the same credit when it is.

And honestly, I could care less what we might have done with the offense vs what we did as long as we win.

We played faster in the second half. JB himself said that in his postgame. Slow tempo means halfcourt offense which isn't good for this roster. Carey brought speed.

Yep. People that say “you just make shots” simply don’t understand the game. We got layups due to the pace. Carey got Chuwku a layup.

The first half was awful. I called it “pathetic” in the game thread. But it’s a 40 minute game. Whatever he did at the half, I’m so happy for. And these kids will fight even when our fans give up.

While I agree with the need to get the offense in a positive, consistent level, my point was simply that it's easy to take shots at JB when things aren't going right. Just give him the same credit when it is.

And honestly, I could care less what we might have done with the offense vs what we did as long as we win.
Exactly. Don’t worry. Some of us actually understand the point of the thread.

Yep. People that say “you just make shots” simply don’t understand the game. We got layups due to the pace. Carey got Chuwku a layup.

We had about 3 fast breaks in the 2nd half. One frank to Hughes, one Jalen to chewy and one Jalen to someone I don’t remember who. Hughes got the same shots in the first half. Battle got the same shots although he drove more in the 2nd half. Yea it does help to make shots. And when you do, it spreads the defense out some and opens it a bit inside and for drives.

Wow I really don’t know what happened in that game. The first half I was ready to cry. The second half I said wow, this is a team that could make a deep run into March.

That's an interesting take. I won't debate the first part, but the second is a bit comical really. Yea for us, we pulled out a last second W at home against a marginal G'town team in which we were double digit favorites. Yeah, no doubt I'm certainly thinking nothing less than a deep run in March after that. ;)

That's an interesting take. I won't debate the first part, but the second is a bit comical really. Yea for us, we pulled out a last second W at home against a marginal G'town team in which we were double digit favorites. Yeah, no doubt I'm certainly thinking nothing less than a deep run in March after that. ;)

Gtown isn’t as bad as people think, we were only their 2nd loss. However, it was more that we were WAY out of that game in the first half. They came out, played hard, forced TO’s, made some baskets. Did what they need to do and got back into the game.

Mainly the point is that, we looked like two different teams in each half.

Gtown isn’t as bad as people think, we were only their 2nd loss. However, it was more that we were WAY out of that game in the first half. They came out, played hard, forced TO’s, made some baskets. Did what they need to do and got back into the game.

Mainly the point is that, we looked like two different teams in each half.

Well, I guess, since G'town "isn't as bad as people think" I imagine, so did they...looking like two different teams.

Might want to hold off on these types of posts until we actually string some games of decent offense in a row... because we’ve had multiple years of bad offense in a row.

Obviously we’d all love for this to be the new norm.
More like why not wait till the game is over before regurgitating chicken little BS every 5 minutes.
It’s annoying as f’k but every fan base has these type of panic-stricken, assume-the-worst, grenade throwers.

Lots of fans here, and some good ones too, think coaches have more impact on game play than they do. Face it, the impact the coach has is in practice leading up to the game. Once you put players on the floor, you don't have much control over what they do. Especially when you only go 7 deep. All you can do is put them out there and hope they do what you taught them. Even if a player shoots the way you've taught him to, you have no control over whether the shots go in. It's why we play the games.

Last edited:
More like why not wait till the game is over before regurgitating chicken little BS every 5 minutes.
It’s annoying as f’k but every fan base has these type of panic-stricken, assume-the-worst, grenade throwers.
We were told by a couple posters the game was over at halftime. Same posts different season.

I mean...I don’t disagree but should we bump the posts the last 2-3 years that said our offense would get better when so and so would be here?

I assume that's a rhetorical question. :D

I think we are destined to be an up and down halfcourt offensive team as we lack inside scoring - both off post ups and penetration.

Really hope we find a way to get out in transition more often to compensate though. We need to get some easy baskets. Energizes the team and fan base. That’s what people want to watch and kids want to play, IMO.
Imagine govan on our squad? That kid is legit. Killed us last year too and solid game in 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom