This is worth about as much.. | Syracusefan.com

This is worth about as much..

The fact that they dignified the rumors with a statement of solidarity means they're leaving!!!! Aaahhh!!

As the paper it's written on. But anyway...

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-presidents-statement,0,7194569.story

Interesting that FSU, Clemson were among the schools that decided to make the statement. They didn't really have to.
Actually, this is a big deal...as it has taken the DudeofWVU and others to task one more time...social media has gotten out of hand...face book, twitter, etc have no holdings to truth and rule of integrity, rather it has opened up the trash to be able to say whatever they want to...truth or not...and not to be held accountable.
This statement has been in the works for about a week, source at NCState believes it is a big deal...and is worth the paper it is written on...and by the way that is one reason why the head coaches are remaining in the ACC...(they were given a draft several days prior to release)...for those who cannot get the release here it is:

(Included were the CEOs of the 11 current members in good standing — Maryland, obviously, does not apply — and impending arrivals Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Louisville.
Here is the complete statement:)

"We, the undersigned presidents of the Atlantic Coast Conference, wish to express our commitment to preserve and protect the future of our outstanding league. We want to be clear that the speculation about ACC schools in negotiations or considering alternatives to the ACC are totally false.
"The presidents of the ACC are united in our commitment to a strong and enduring conference. The ACC has long been a leader in intercollegiate athletics, both academically and athletically, and the constitution of our existing and future member schools will maintain the ACC’s position as one of the nation’s premier conferences."

From David Teel: This runs counter to conventional social media wisdom, where reporting essentially consists of throwing linguini at the laptop and hoping a noodle sticks.
Since Maryland’s stunning move — no school had left the ACC since South Carolina in 1971 — reports have been as numerous as they were outrageous.
First, Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver allegedly said the school was open to talks with the SEC. He said no such thing.
Then, Virginia’s Board of Visitors was meeting to discuss potential Big Ten membership. No it wasn’t.
Finally, Georgia Tech and Virginia were going to announce their Big Ten move this past Monday. No they didn’t.
Who knows what the tipping point was, but clearly the presidents had heard enough.
According to a source, the statement was the idea of a presidential subcommittee that includes Virginia Tech's Charles Steger, Florida State's Eric Barron, Georgia Tech's Bud Peterson, Clemson's James Barker and North Carolina's Holden Thorp.
Not coincidentally, those schools have been the focus of most realignment speculation.
Good for them. Proactive beats passive in this case.
Will the gossip cease? Of course not. Too many traffic and revel in rumor-mongering.
Moreover, cynics will snicker that this is much like giving a coach a vote of confidence days before turfing him.
So believe what you will. Just remember these words, and, most important, hold the presidents to them.
"Totally false."
"United in our commitment."

They could have signed a GOR instead. That would have ended all this nonsense once and for all.

They could have signed a GOR instead. That would have ended all this nonsense once and for all.

Doubtful. Would that really be any more enforceable than the exit fee? WVU fans would still be spreading rumors.

...and they have even created a fake twitter account...chaaaadscott, the real one is chaadschott--famously ACC voice of reason...

So funny, some dipsh!t from the sticks sends a BS tweet and it spawns a 100+ post thread.

The Presidents of every single ACC school write a clear statement of unity and no one cares.

The lesson: people on the Internet are totally insane.

Good read.

I think Charlie Strong's decision says a lot as well.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Louisville addition - it seems that Maryland was/is a collegiate athletics basket case.

So funny, some dipsh!t from the sticks sends a BS tweet and it spawns a 100+ post thread.

The Presidents of every single ACC school write a clear statement of unity and no one cares.

The lesson: people on the Internet are totally insane.
Sadly I dont give any weight to idiots blogging or twittering in W Virginia or Presidents or ADs from BCS schools. In this day and age who can you really trust ?

Good read.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Louisville addition - it seems that Maryland was/is a collegiate athletics basket case.

Agree. If the ACC can stay together, it's a great conference for all sports, big if I know but it really is

I think the Big 12 GOR is the biggest bunch of crap in this realignment BS. If the Pac 12 takes four schools, it will probably be roughly in time that the B1G grabs 1 and the ACC 1 or 2. At that point a majority of Big 12 schools could vote to dissolve the conference and render the GOR meaningless. WVU and other B12 fanboy morons are waving the GOR around like its this holy document that guarantees the Big 12's survival.

Not true...now there is considerable discussion as to whether a GOR is really going to hold up in court...probably it will be a negotiated sum just like the exit fee...

Good read.

Seems like the same can be said for Rutgers. Hope they will be happy together in PSU's crib.

Not true...now there is considerable discussion as to whether a GOR is really going to hold up in court...probably it will be a negotiated sum just like the exit fee...
or it might be that ACC wants to keep GOR as a leverage for contract negotiation.

or it might be that ACC wants to keep GOR as a leverage for contract negotiation.
Bingo...you use it to create value for the buyer and seller.

Considering the ACC is already sold for many years to come I doubt they are going have much leverage at all.