this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot | Syracusefan.com

this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...ts-jim-boeheim-tony-greene-bo-ryan-wisconsin/

It was also interesting to hear Greene explain what was going through his mind as the pivotal sequence began. "I'm one of those guys who expects the unexpected," he said. "I knew there's not much time left, and that they were most likely going go to C.J. Fair, who's not really a three-point shooter. You figure he's going to go to the basket, so you prepare yourself. You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?"
He says that he expects the unexpected and then he says they expected them to go to their senior player of the year candidate who he also expected to go to the basket. It's hard to believe that Syracuse would do something so strange and expected when they could have keita throw an alley oop to keita

Tony Greene, you should probably stop talking. And refereeing. Stop anticipating what you think might happen and watch what actually happens

Last edited:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...ts-jim-boeheim-tony-greene-bo-ryan-wisconsin/

It was also interesting to hear Greene explain what was going through his mind as the pivotal sequence began. "I'm one of those guys who expects the unexpected," he said. "I knew there's not much time left, and that they were most likely going go to C.J. Fair, who's not really a three-point shooter. You figure he's going to go to the basket, so you prepare yourself. You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?"
He says that he expects the unexpected and then he says they expected them to go to their senior player of the year candidate who he also expected to go to the basket

Tony Greene, you should probably stop talking. And refereeing.
This literally sounds like what he did. He was making the call before it even happened. He wasn't even watching the play. He was walking down the baseline, half-glancing at the play, and then made the call immediately.

This literally sounds like what he did. He was making the call before it even happened. He wasn't even watching the play. He was walking down the baseline, half-glancing at the play, and then made the call immediately.
I expect Fair to drive and I expect Duke to flop and I expect Duke fans to be mean to me and I expect an easier walk to my car. Expect the unexpected

This is such bull$h1t. Absurd. This guy is a turd of the highest order.

I was completely behind Jimmy when he had his outburst and this just solidifies it in my mind. This is the problem with refereeing at Duke.

statement of the year right here.

And no, I'm not worried about Syracuse. You didn't think the Orange would go undefeated, did you? The players' legs are fine, but their minds are tired. As they get closer to March, they'll be reinvigorated. First, however, they've got to get through these next two road games at Maryland (on Monday) and Virginia.

He says that he expects the unexpected and then he says they expected them to go to their senior player of the year candidate who he also expected to go to the basket. It's hard to believe that Syracuse would do something so strange and expected when they could have keita throw an alley oop to keita

Tony Greene, you should probably stop talking. And refereeing. Stop anticipating what you think might happen and watch what actually happens
Wow..

That. Was. Ridiculous.

Did he really just say that?

140224112534-tony-greene-boeheim-single-image-cut.jpg

statement of the year right here.

And no, I'm not worried about Syracuse. You didn't think the Orange would go undefeated, did you? The players' legs are fine, but their minds are tired. As they get closer to March, they'll be reinvigorated. First, however, they've got to get through these next two road games at Maryland (on Monday) and Virginia.

Mental fatigue.

RF2044 said:
I had the same reaction. If he hadn't said that, and the rest of the article was identical, he would have come across much better. But that statement makes his judgement even more suspect / subjective. We got boned. Duke with their flopping...
It's been a nearly wholly missed point in all this...but that dude FLOPPED!

You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?

I can't believe any ref would say this out loud

Me neither--mind boggling thing to admit.

In other words, he decided what would happen in advance and was pre-determined what he'd call even before it transpired.

Talk about anticipatory.

Me neither--mind boggling thing to admit.

In other words, he decided what would happen in advance and was pre-determined what he'd call even before it transpired.

Talk about anticipatory.
maybe he can save us the trouble tonight and anticipate the whole game for us.

The fact the referee ACTUALLY ANALYZED Syracuse to the degree of that quote and then the Marsh followup just shows oozes look at me. Wow, we as fans should never know anything about referees, but this clown is now on my radar whenever he does a game. I can't believe he said "First, however, they've got to get through these next two road games at Maryland (on Monday) and Virginia." That is unbelievable he said on that on the record.

That's like coachspeak... or should I say refspeak for "I know what I'm going to call if it's close play."

...and that's what we got.

Just like he knew what he was gonna call in the similar silent G / Parker drive...

It's an embarrassment that this is not only the case but that these officials think that's the correct way to do it... and even more telling that he would say that publicly and feels justified in saying it.

Whether it's the silliness of the "anticipation whistle" or the major game deciding "pre-calls" like these, when did waiting to see how a play finishes before making a sound judgement call get tossed out the window?

I don't understand why these refs feel they HAVE to put there stamp on the game??...

Well, Ishould say... I understand why - it's pride and ego trumping professionalism... I just hate it and we should ALL expect better.

Boeheim getting stick from all the pundits about behaving unprofessionally... it wasn't his unprofessionalism that started the mess... The refs almost ALWAYS get a pass in the media...

He also said in another interview this morning that after watching replays, he made the right call.

The fact the referee ACTUALLY ANALYZED Syracuse to the degree of that quote and then the Marsh followup just shows oozes look at me. Wow, we as fans should never know anything about referees, but this clown is now on my radar whenever he does a game. I can't believe he said "First, however, they've got to get through these next two road games at Maryland (on Monday) and Virginia." That is unbelievable he said on that on the record.

Just to clarify...Seth Davis had that quote not Tony Greene

He also said in another interview this morning that after watching replays, he made the right call.

Probably bummed he didn't whistle it a half second ahead of time... that would have been the coolest...

That's like coachspeak... or should I say refspeak for "I know what I'm going to call if it's close play."

...and that's what we got.

Just like he knew what he was gonna call in the similar silent G / Parker drive...

It's an embarrassment that this is not only the case but that these officials think that's the correct way to do it... and even more telling that he would say that publicly and feels justified in saying it.

Whether it's the silliness of the "anticipation whistle" or the major game deciding "pre-calls" like these, when did waiting to see how a play finishes before making a sound judgement call get tossed out the window?

I don't understand why these refs feel they HAVE to put there stamp on the game??...

Well, Ishould say... I understand why - it's pride and ego trumping professionalism... I just hate it and we should ALL expect better.

Boeheim getting stick from all the pundits about behaving unprofessionally... it wasn't his unprofessionalism that started the mess... The refs almost ALWAYS get a pass in the media...
if you need to anticipate what happens in order to actually see it happen, that must imply that there are times when the ref doesn't see the play because a player did something unexpected. Otherwise, there is no reason to even think about what might happen. saturday was explosive anger, today is a slow gradual psychotic hate

Just to clarify...Seth Davis had that quote not Tony Greene
Okay will then that is a little less bad because no referee should know the schedules for any teams in the NCAA except where they are doing their next game. I still feel the NCAA should freaking just hire full-time officials and train instead of allowing them to be Independent Contractors. If the NCAA/Conferences can't pool enough money to hire the officials when the NCAA Tournament generates billions each year then its a joke. Each conference could hire the officials and the NCAA could give the conferences a stipend if that was easier.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom