this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

this just in - Tony Greene is an idiot

It's been a nearly wholly missed point in all this...but that dude FLOPPED!

Agreed. CJ twisted his body to miss him. The entire left side of CJs body moved around Hood leaving only his right knee with any contact on Hood and that even looks suspect that there was much contact. Of course Hood reacted as if he was standing in front of JB when he came off the bench and got plowed through.

You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?

I can't believe any ref would say this out loud

I just find it refreshing to know they pay lip service to taking the rules into account.

I Personally would've liked to ask him a couple of questions which I guess Seth didn't have the balls to ask or didn't think of.

1. Mr Greene, There was a similar situation earlier in the game where the Syracuse Defender was clearly set and you called it a blocking foul. Do you recall your thoughts during that play as well?

2. In close games such as this, on 50/50 calls like this one, wouldn't you be better off not calling anything?

HEY TONY

23346.jpg

I Personally would've liked to ask him a couple of questions which I guess Seth didn't have the balls to ask or didn't think of.

1. Mr Greene, There was a similar situation earlier in the game where the Syracuse Defender was clearly set and you called it a blocking foul. Do you recall your thoughts during that play as well?

2. In close games such as this, on 50/50 calls like this one, wouldn't you be better off not calling anything?
1. I expected Parker to jump over Gbinije like Carter over the French geek.

"how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen?"

It's called precrime in "Minority Report"

Shouldn't he be thinking "how am I going to best position myself to see what's about to happen?"

"I knew there's not much time left, and that they were most likely going go to C.J. Fair, who's not really a three-point shooter. You figure he's going to go to the basket, so you prepare yourself. You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?"

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...-tony-greene-bo-ryan-wisconsin/#ixzz2uGXthFNn

Interesting ought process. It can be categorized as preparedness, or you could argue he was looking to make a call in his head.

He should have ended the interview by saying "Who are you going to believe? Me or my lying eyes."

So who wrote that, seth Davis, or tony greenes mom?

A public relations professional couldn't have done it any better.

"I knew there's not much time left, and that they were most likely going go to C.J. Fair, who's not really a three-point shooter. You figure he's going to go to the basket, so you prepare yourself. You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?"

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...-tony-greene-bo-ryan-wisconsin/#ixzz2uGXthFNn

Interesting ought process. It can be categorized as preparedness, or you could argue he was looking to make a call in his head.

Yeah, when I read that I read it as him anticipating a charge call.

All these articles are a smokescreen. None talk about the previous calls and until they can rationalize the Gbinge blocking foul then everything else is just sewage pumping out their mouths.

You're thinking, how am I going to adjudicate what's about to happen based on the rules?

I can't believe any ref would say this out loud

I can't believe that was his comment after all of this. If he had said that he felt he had put himself in the best position to make the call and he is sticking by it, I would have respected that (I still would have disagreed), but if he felt he was in the right position to do his job, that is respectable.

But to project forward what is going to happen (especially with the fact that CJ could have pulled up for a mid range J which he hits consistently) is really bad.

All these articles are a smokescreen. None talk about the previous calls and until they can rationalize the Gbinge blocking foul then everything else is just sewage pumping out their mouths.
I agree.

Ignoring the previous ref'ing shortcomings plays into the narrative, that being, overall the game was fine, and there was a questionable call at the end of the game to which JB lost his cool.

Anything else would draw attention to (at least the perception of) the historical pro-Duke-bias.

I can't believe that was his comment after all of this. If he had said that he felt he had put himself in the best position to make the call and he is sticking by it, I would have respected that (I still would have disagreed), but if he felt he was in the right position to do his job, that is respectable.

But to project forward what is going to happen (especially with the fact that CJ could have pulled up for a mid range J which he hits consistently) is really bad.
this guy was so excited to be in the news. People are going to know who I am! I can explain how smart you have to be to be a ref! any ref with a brain in his head either declines the interview or keeps it close to the vest. great job by whoever interviewed him (davis?) to get him to go out on that limb

So you could basically rewrite that quote as...

"I knew there's not much time left, and that they were most likely going go to C.J. Fair, who's not really a three-point shooter. You figure he's going to go to the basket, so you prepare yourself. You're thinking, how am I going to [justify the charge I know I'm going to call to screw those damn yankees] based on the rules?"

If he knew what CJ was going to do, why wasn't he on that side of the court before CJ made his move to the basket? Instead he's moving up the baseline and passes the point of contact so he's forced to look back to determine if Hood was in position before CJ began his move.

He would have been better off simply stating that it was his judgement that Hood established position before CJ began his move and that's why he called a charge and adding only that he stands by his call. He doesn't need to say it's the right call, or imply that he's able to predict the future.

"Expect the unexpected".

As a Mich grad from Cuse...I double hate this mofo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom