This Makes It Hard To Like The Patriots | Syracusefan.com

This Makes It Hard To Like The Patriots

As long as Gregory maintains his starting job over those RU players I'm fine.

thats ok ... the Pats win because of Offense ... do they have any Rutgers guys on O?

The Pats D is attrocious but is full of Rutgers guys.

Belichick's close friendship with Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano -- who coached at Rutgers from 2001 to 2011 -- is a factor in the Patriots' thinking. Schiano groomed tough-minded players who mold well to the Patriots' way of life. Besides, Belichick's son, Steve, played lacrosse there.

This is funny to me because it points out Belichick's friendship with Schiano but completely omits the fact that Schiano appears to have no interest in drafting his former players unless it's for positive publicity.

Belichick's close friendship with Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano -- who coached at Rutgers from 2001 to 2011 -- is a factor in the Patriots' thinking. Schiano groomed tough-minded players who mold well to the Patriots' way of life. Besides, Belichick's son, Steve, played lacrosse there.

This is funny to me because it points out Belichick's friendship with Schiano but completely omits the fact that Schiano appears to have no interest in drafting his former players unless it's for positive publicity.

What?! Shady won't draft his former players?! Wow, he's an ass! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

What?! Shady won't draft his former players?! Wow, he's an ass! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Trust me, that comparison wasn't lost on me either. It appeared Shady was friends with another former college coach pregame and we all thought it was a bit of an act. Maybe the 2 are alot more alike than anyone here wanted to consider?

From the outside it's easy to see/say that Rutgers players aren't usually anything special and we wouldn't draft them to our favorite team, so perhaps our fanhood for clouds our judgement of SU players pro prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom