This new starting 5 has really worked out | Syracusefan.com

This new starting 5 has really worked out

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Why did we randomly add Benny and JT at this point in the season? I know Benny has scored a bit, but he doesn’t make the team better. He’s an awful defender and rebounder. JT has drastically gotten worse, and now Bell can’t get a minute? Give me a break. Hang it up.

Why did we randomly add Benny and JT at this point in the season? I know Benny has scored a bit, but he doesn’t make the team better. He’s an awful defender and rebounder. JT has drastically gotten worse, and now Bell can’t get a minute? Give me a break. Hang it up.
I mean Bell was gonna start tonight but had a really bad practice. We would’ve lost by 14 instead

I mean Bell was gonna start tonight but had a really bad practice. We would’ve lost by 14 instead
Yeah how about that comment he made. He didn’t do anything for 6 plays in a row in practice… so you don’t play… again…

It appears that 6 plays in a row of screwing up is the new cut line!

Yeah how about that comment he made. He didn’t do anything for 6 plays in a row in practice… so you don’t play… again…

JB says stuff. I think you need to read between the lines there. A guy doesn't start all season, then get switched out of the starting lineup and play zero minutes under normal circumstances.

Something happened behind the scenes that JB isn't going to reveal.

Because every other combo has stunk. We are firmly in the “rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic” stage of the season.

Bottom line is that we have a team loaded with guys who just aren’t very good.

Because every other combo has stunk. We are firmly in the “rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic” stage of the season.

Bottom line is that we have a team loaded with guys who just aren’t very good.
You are correct. This team is just a mis-matched cast of players. Outside of Judah, this team is completely devoid of really good players. And I'm including Joe and Jesse in that. It's just a bunch of bit parts that don't fit together in any from or fashion.

I don't get why we don't start Benny at 3 and Malik at 4. Benny loves the perimeter, has hit some shots and at least gives us height
Because Jim in his mind has decided Benny is a "4" because of his height. *shrug*

You are correct. This team is just a mis-matched cast of players. Outside of Judah, this team is completely devoid of really good players. And I'm including Joe and Jesse in that. It's just a bunch of bit parts that don't fit together in any from or fashion.
What frustrates me most is I still believe the parts were there. This should have been a pressing trapping full court team that just ran and ran and ran and used its fouls. Unfortunately coach decided Jesse was our best option so everything had to be designed to get him the ball in the low post. Defensively this team may be nearing record low number of fouls. It seems like neither the team or any individual player was ever in foul trouble all season. With a deep bench of comparable level players, why?

Because Jim in his mind has decided Benny is a "4" because of his height. *shrug*
It’s very difficult me to question JB when it comes to Benny, he is awful.

It’s very difficult me to question JB when it comes to Benny, he is awful.
I used to be the biggest Benny supporter. I now feel he makes the team significantly worse when he is out there. Big deal he may score some points in a blowout, but his awful defense and rebounding is scary.

I don't get why we don't start Benny at 3 and Malik at 4. Benny loves the perimeter, has hit some shots and at least gives us height
I really think we were best with Benny not in thhe rotation. I know it sounds harsh. Our best team was with Bell and Brown starting. Maliq is now in a funk now that he is coming off the bench. JT is a disaster now. Might as well play a walk-on…

someone mentioned scottie mccorkle in a post last night. 6'5" 220 .not a starter. not a great defender . but shot 37% deep and would get you a couple rebounds in his ten minutes of game time. that's what justin taylor needs to do. come off the bench and give us just ten minutes of solid scrappy play. and not start at a position he's clearly not suited for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom