This team needs to learn how to win .... | Syracusefan.com

This team needs to learn how to win ....

UD1954

Scout Team
Marrone's gameplans are sound as the stats are proving, but mistakes are killing them and thats on the players not the coaches....everybody on this board knows Rutgers gameplan[turnovers]...what I will say is maybe it's time to look at our underclassman wideouts more...Lemon seems to be boom or bust...either he catches everything or drops everything...Nassib is trying too hard to make plays that aren't there...needs to secure ball and go down and go to next play. I like everything I see except the turnovers and the final score.

Marrone's gameplans are sound as the stats are proving, but mistakes are killing them and thats on the players not the coaches....everybody on this board knows Rutgers gameplan[turnovers]...what I will say is maybe it's time to look at our underclassman wideouts more...Lemon seems to be boom or bust...either he catches everything or drops everything...Nassib is trying too hard to make plays that aren't there...needs to secure ball and go down and go to next play. I like everything I see except the turnovers and the final score.
There are many mistakes repeated over and over and that is on the coaches.

I agree. This team would have been better served with a couple of easy games. This team is clueless on how to win.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

did they forget how to win after a 13-7 stretch over 2 seasons? they only thing they need to learn to do is score more points than their opponent.

I think Marrone needs to learn how to win.

I think an easier schedule, particularly in the season, could help w/ that
Some folks seem to have a macho attitude about "to play the best, you have to beat the best". Fine. But a winning attitude, like the "finding a way to lose" mental rut we are stuck in, needs to be imbued in the culture of the football program. Until we acquire some confidence and swagger, we have absolutely no business playing the OOC schedule we have. As much as it kills me to admit this, one needs to look no further than Rutgers for the scheduling formula for building a top 20 program. Sure, a lot of fans will stay away if we play a weaker schedule, but what has our current over-scheduling reaped attendance-wise?

I place a LOT of our current woes at the feet of Gross and the folks in the athletic dept. Marrone was dealt a daunting schedule this year and deserves a break in his efforts to rebuild the program.

Some folks seem to have a macho attitude about "to play the best, you have to beat the best". Fine. But a winning attitude, like the "finding a way to lose" mental rut we are stuck in, needs to be imbued in the culture of the football program. Until we acquire some confidence and swagger, we have absolutely no business playing the OOC schedule we have. As much as it kills me to admit this, one needs to look no further than Rutgers for the scheduling formula for building a top 20 program. Sure, a lot of fans will stay away if we play a weaker schedule, but what has our current over-scheduling reaped attendance-wise?

I place a LOT of our current woes at the feet of Gross and the folks in the athletic dept. Marrone was dealt a daunting schedule this year and deserves a break in his efforts to rebuild the program.

If it was so daunting, we shouldn't have won at least 2 more games. The BE blows for one and Minny isn't any better.

I do agree TGD made the task harder by moving the USC game to NJ.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom