This team with Tony Bennett | Syracusefan.com

This team with Tony Bennett

I love Tony Bennett and I'm not apologizing for it. Everything about the way he approaches this sport is what I aspire for us to be. Constant ball movement, great discipline and shot selection, intense defense. And he never, ever loses his cool.

Pretty easy to see that we had the more talent squad tonight. Give Tony Bennett this team and I think we’re a Top 25 team minimum
You're nuts with all due respect. Virginia is a bunch of individual players that play as a team and have a high bb iq, we're a bunch of individual players who play individually and have low bb iqs.

Lots of coaches would have more wins with this squad. Ours just isn’t good at making adjustments, going over the fundamentals, etc. I could go on and on but it’s late. The guy has skated by off a weak weak schedule for his career.

We would not be a top 25 team with TB coaching. We don't have a lot of answers. I like some of our younger guys and think if we can keep them together, we could get there. But not this year.
I don’t know about that. Scoring hasn’t really been this teams main issue. I do know we wouldn’t play full time zone, be ranked 125th in defensive efficiency, and actually run an offense at the end of close games instead of doing the same damn thing and turning it over every time.

Last edited:
He runs a top shelf program. It’s seen in the way his teams play.
His results are impressive, especially because I don't think he recruits at a high level.

Lots of coaches would have more wins with this squad. Ours just isn’t good at making adjustments, going over the fundamentals, etc. I could go on and on but it’s late. The guy has skated by off a weak weak schedule for his career.
Your last sentence is very untrue. SU has had many, many very difficult conference schedules over the years and we've won several games against fantastic teams. It's fair to criticize where the program has been over the last 6 years or so, but there's no need to make up things.

A talent-less team playing pickup ball just held serve against a top 10 team. Plenty of talent on SU.

surprised Tony didn’t make an offer to Taylor & Maliq in the handshake line.

He took Washington State to the ncaa dance. Who else could do that?

Last edited:
I think as usual, the talent is way over estimated on this board. JB has lost it too. Not a good combo. We’re just not good. Period.

I love Tony Bennett and I'm not apologizing for it. Everything about the way he approaches this sport is what I aspire for us to be. Constant ball movement, great discipline and shot selection, intense defense. And he never, ever loses his cool.
I see Matt Langel with many of the same characteristics as Tony Bennett.

Pretty easy to see that we had the more talent squad tonight. Give Tony Bennett this team and I think we’re a Top 25 team minimum

Flip side: Give Tony Bennett this team and we most likely have 8 losses.

Other flip side: Give prime Coach K this team and we probably have 7 losses.

Virginia basketball is boring. Syracuse basketball is demented and sad, but social.
a59b0c7c-a2c7-48ce-8dae-53c2924c3246_text.gif

Lot of
You're nuts with all due respect. Virginia is a bunch of individual players that play as a team and have a high bb iq, we're a bunch of individual players who play individually and have low bb iqs
I think as usual, the talent is way over estimated on this board. JB has lost it too. Not a good combo. We’re just not good. Period.
We were 3 otta four end game losses with some good teams. We are close but Jb won’t get us where a tony Bennett would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom