This was a must win | Syracusefan.com

This was a must win

On the road against a better team than us, will be tough.

No doubt. Gotta bring our shooting kicks for that one. Gonna need the 3ball. Also gonna need Jesse more vs Huff.

This was a good coached game by JB. I know he's been getting hammered around here lately (rightfully so) but the game plan was spot on today and our guys executed!
Execution was very good and most importantly no silly early foul trouble. Our team is not deep enough at this point to be abel to handle that most games.

Do we still want to fire JB or is that calmed now with 2 big wins?

just curious so I know what to say

I still thinks he needs to set a retirement date (or ADJW needs to do it for him).

Next 5 games will determine the season. UVA @ UVA is obviously a tall order but after that we play NC State 2X, Louisville and @ Clemson who area all in the middle of the pack, along with us, in the ACC. We need to come out of that with 3 wins. This is a mediocre ACC and the conference will not get in as many teams as normal this year. Need to beat our peers to separate ourselves from the middle of the pack

Which numbers?

Here goes:

2014-2015: 13 losses
2015-2016: 14 losses
2016-2017: 15 losses
2017-2018/19/20: 14 losses

Before 2014-2015, he’d lost more than 12 exactly 4 times in 33 years. We’re at 4 losses now for this year. My guess is we end up with 14 losses. Our program is becoming an example of mediocrity. And, in spite of what people think, he will be 79 when Buddy graduates.

An orderly transition would allow us to find the right successor. That’s what Coyle had in mind. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out and here we are.

EDIT NOTE: I had a typo. Originally I wrote, “We’re at 8 losses...”. Sorry for that mistake. The other stats are correct.

Last edited:
Here goes:

Before 2014-2015, he’d lost more than 12 exactly 4 times in 33 years. We’re at 8 losses now for this year. My guess is we end up with 14 losses. Our program is becoming an example of mediocrity. And, in spite of what people think, he will be 79 when Buddy graduates.

An orderly transition would allow us to find the right successor. That’s what Coyle had in mind. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out and here we are.

8 losses? When did that happen?

Team played like it. Great energy, tremendous job on the boards, Griffin and Joe played the cleanest games both have had all year.

Q is just so good

I would like to have seen Woody get 4 minutes in the 2nd half, when we were up 15 points, and it was clearly not going to be one of Buddy's days. I also would like to have seen Edwards get another 4 minutes late, when the game was way out of reach.

Here goes:

Before 2014-2015, he’d lost more than 12 exactly 4 times in 33 years. We’re at 4 losses now for this year. My guess is we end up with 14 losses. Our program is becoming an example of mediocrity. And, in spite of what people think, he will be 79 when Buddy graduates.

EDIT NOTE: I had a typo. Originally I wrote, “We’re at 8 losses...”. Sorry for that mistake. The other stats are correct.

We play in a much better conference, no USFs, DePauls, or semi-home games in numerous NBA arenas now. You also left out a Sweet 16 and a Final Four in the math on top of the win total.

Coyle loved Hop and wanted him as HC, that much is spot on.

Here goes:

There is not the usual number of games on the schedule this year. If we lose 14 this year, that means we are really hurting.

I didn't see the game today but it sounds like from what my buddies said and the reports it was a great win against a top 20 team. A couple of wins does not change the fact that SU has turned into a consistent bubble team the last 6 or so years. I do like the potential of this team. Let's see if coach can get them off the bubble and solidly into the filed. SU basketball should be consistently ranked in the top 25 and that is not the case anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom