Thoughts on Jalen? | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on Jalen?

ethoo18

Walk On
Really am not getting a good feeling about this one.. Another poster said that JB tapped him to go in with approx. 90 seconds left and he said “nah I’m good”. That just makes me think he’s thinks he’s “too big” to play with the walk ons. Pretty ridiculous, and if that’s how he’s gonna act I have no problem with him leaving. Need a guy who will jump at any amount of playing time (Braswell) rather than a kid that seems to have a big ego and doesn’t like when things don’t go his way.

Really am not getting a good feeling about this one.. Another poster said that JB tapped him to go in with approx. 90 seconds left and he said “nah I’m good”. That just makes me think he’s thinks he’s “too big” to play with the walk ons. Pretty ridiculous, and if that’s how he’s gonna act I have no problem with him leaving. Need a guy who will jump at any amount of playing time (Braswell) rather than a kid that seems to have a big ego and doesn’t like when things don’t go his way.

Was wondering about that as well, but maybe it's just he knows the potential for him to play is there for nearly every game. The walkons don't have that luxury, especially with JB.

That may or may not be as serious as the other incident we've heard about tonight involving JB and one of our guards.

Yeah. This was posted in the game thread but I’d like to get more info on that Howard/JB interaction.

I also wondered about that. Strange that he didn’t come in for garbage time. I really hope he doesn’t leave. He’s going to have the keys to the Porsche next year (perhaps given our offense the jalopy is more apt) and as many minutes as he can handle. His body language on the bench looks awful though.

you are a frank apologist, it's cool i like frank too. but he has flatly stunk this year and we are out of time.

Best player out there 2 of the past 4 before tonight. Jb said we don’t beat Pitt without him. His per minute stats aren’t much different than last year. Inconsistent? Sure. Flat stink all year? Not really. And I understand you and a few others look for anything to complain about so it’s cool.

How many threads are you guys gonna fight about this in?

First time I’ve posted about why frank should get minutes instead of Carey. So maybe one more time?

They had an argument then it blew over and they were cool and Frank was still on the bench cheering for his teammates.

Frank: “What, coach??!”

Boeheim: “You’re sucking baaaaaad, Frank.”

Frank: “Respect...”

(Sits down)

Jalen kinda didn't play as well as the season wore on - that's why he's not getting as much playing time - had turnover issues and I think he's been told not to shoot which has gotta mess with the confidence and just the flat out mentality of a player - a top 100 recruit who is not a bad shooter at all - put up 26 vs uconn - personally if i was in his shoes i would struggle being in that situation big-time...

i'm rooting for him - i think he's got a bright future...hope it is at syracuse...but i'm not sure how its going to go down with a couple guard recruits coming in next year that look pretty good...plus a few gaurds on the current roster that will get playing time next year for sure...

Okay, let's cut to the chase. If you want to play, then play better than the other guy who wants that spot. Too many players bring with them, seems to me, a sense of entitlement which is completely unwarranted in a competitive environment. JAB is a professional coach, and his success is predicated on winning games. That's how he earns his living. So if Jalen was a better player than Frank - or any other perimeter player out there - he'd be playing.

This is a potential can of worms, but so is this thread: It would have been nice to see JC enjoying a 20-point win against a top team in the league that may have cemented a tournament bid. It didn't help that all of the TV shots had him on the bench next to JB looking like he would rather be at home watching Netflix. Hopefully he keeps working hard. He has huge upside potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom