Three Bernie Fine accusers were 'highly credible,' Syracuse Police chief says | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Three Bernie Fine accusers were 'highly credible,' Syracuse Police chief says

Unfortunately, there is no statute of limitations on grandstanding. We can now expect all the usual suspects to start weighing in again on Fine.

And I can't wait for the Post-Standard's Sunday feature reporting on this. I guess they're trying to sell a few newspapers before they no longer sell newspapers.
I, too, have been sucked in to see the full story on Sunday.

I am disappointed with this news. I always kind of thought that the SPD, through their actions, projected an image that they did not find the accusers credible. Now Fowler and Broton appear to be saying just the opposite (Broton said "In my opinion, probable cause would exist to file charges in all these cases"). Don't they realize that this now makes the prior SPD's actions look bad?

I wonder if the PS did a little gotcha to these two.

For the purposes of an accusation, how is "highly credible" defined?

That's a sincere question.

After at least 4 different investigations the man has never been charged with anything.Apparently there is no PROOF of anything. If they have proof then charge him. Otherwise . Keeping the embers of this burning is unfair to BF and also damages the university with additional bad publicity by implication.

Unfortunately, there is no statute of limitations on grandstanding. We can now expect all the usual suspects to start weighing in again on Fine.

And I can't wait for the Post-Standard's Sunday feature reporting on this. I guess they're trying to sell a few newspapers before they no longer sell newspapers.

If the Post-Standard wants to be fair in its coverage of news, I'd like to hear why they're giving attention to this non-story but chose not to cover the fact that Frank Fowler's criminal son was stabbed after participating in a bar brawl a month ago.

In their selective reporting, they are gutless. And Fowler truly is an embarrassment.

Wonder what Dennis Duval would have to say about this joke.

For the purposes of an accusation, how is "highly credible" defined?

That's a sincere question.

"I choose to believe this man/woman/child; therefore he is highly credible"

If the Post-Standard wants to be fair in its coverage of news, I'd like to hear why they're giving attention to this non-story but chose not to cover the fact that Frank Fowler's criminal son was stabbed after participating in a bar brawl a month ago.

In their selective reporting, they are gutless. And Fowler truly is an embarrassment.

Wonder what Dennis Duval would have to say about this joke.
I think the PS is now helping hang Fowler. This makes him look like an idiot.

I just reread the article, missed this the first time: "But detectives later interviewed his friends, who said VnaHooser returned to his original allegations, according to police reports." So his friends said he recanted and that now makes his original accusations credible...that's some serious police work there.

I think the PS is now helping hang Fowler. This makes him look like an idiot.

I just reread the article, missed this the first time: "But detectives later interviewed his friends, who said VnaHooser returned to his original allegations, according to police reports." So his friends said he recanted and that now makes his original accusations credible...that's some serious police work there.

He's not making himself look good. Wonder what his boss thinks about his decision to share these absurd and unproductive opinions.

To be a fly on the wall in City Hall today...

"We have no actual evidence; however, each of the accusers pinky swore that they were telling the truth. It doesn't get any more credible than that, cross my heart and hope to die."

"I choose to believe this man/woman/child; therefore he is highly credible"
I'm just thinking it must be defined. For example, someone comes in to the police station, clearly inebriated, makes an accusation. Highly credible? Person making the accusation appears to be under immense stress. Highly credible? Person with limited English proficiency makes an accusation. Highly credible? Person calls and makes an accusation anonymously. Highly credible? Someone comes in, calmly waits for 1/2 an hour in the lobby for an officer, and then makes an accusation. Highly credible?

Anybody get what I'm driving at? Does "highly credible" sound like it means more than it does? Is there a meaningful definition to that, by law/police/investigator procedure?

I would try to open the portal to JohnSyracuse once again but today's events hardly warrant him gracing us with his presence.

Anybody get what I'm driving at? Does "highly credible" sound like it means more than it does? Is there a meaningful definition to that, by law/police/investigator procedure?

I get what you're getting at...I just don't think there is any meaningful definition. I asked a friend that is a police officer what "highly credible" means...basically it's a judgement call where they take all the available information into account to make it.

I get what you're getting at...I just don't think there is any meaningful definition. I asked a friend that is a police officer what "highly credible" means...basically it's a judgement call where they take all the available information into account to make it.
That's perfect. Basically it's subjective not objective.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Funny how this story comes out on the day of SU's first national game on ESPN isn't it? :rolleyes:

And the Sub-Standard waited until their exciting new basketball section was ready, too.

Also, if ESPN decides to mention this during the game tonight, then they better mention Mike Anderson's involvement with the Michael Dixon scandal at Mizzou.

The police chief needs to worry about his job as police chief and father and keep his mouth shut. For the past few months he hasn't done a very good job at either.

Finally go to the ESPN site to read about the game and oh yes, the story is there, linked right below the game. How fun!

If this is such big news, why did they not release the whole article at once? And why is it that all the big revelations come during basketball season? It would be wonderful if there was such a thing as journalistic integrity when covering accusations about child molestation.

Perhaps O'Brien has a story. Regardless, his release of it shows why he and his editors are a disgrace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom