Three Rivers Inn: How the son of an onion farmer turned his Oswego County bar into CNY’s ritziest nightclub | Syracusefan.com

Three Rivers Inn: How the son of an onion farmer turned his Oswego County bar into CNY’s ritziest nightclub

I grew up in Phoenix :(. Back in the early 1960s, my father's very good friend worked for a national record company. I think it was CBS. Sammy Davis, Jr. was going to be playing at 3 Rivers for a week or so. My dad had a nice new car, so he lent it to his friend, whose job entailed driving Sammy around that week. As a thank you, my parents were Sammy's guest for dinner and a show. He gave them a toy instrument for me, which legend says, I promptly broke.

I grew up in Phoenix :(. Back in the early 1960s, my father's very good friend worked for a national record company. I think it was CBS. Sammy Davis, Jr. was going to be playing at 3 Rivers for a week or so. My dad had a nice new car, so he lent it to his friend, whose job entailed driving Sammy around that week. As a thank you, my parents were Sammy's guest for dinner and a show. He gave them a toy instrument for me, which legend says, I promptly broke.
It was a wonderful story until the ending. ;)