Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Three year projection, assuming he is as healthy as Nassib

GoSU96

Living Legend
Devito ends up with a 24-15 record, at least.

Nassib was 21-17 in his three years as a starter.

For the games he appeared in Dungey (including games he didn't finish one way or another) SU was 21-18, 11-15 his first three.

Nassib was a good QB. It’s not his fault he had a good line and other QB’s since then haven’t. Its also silly some people undervalue him because they don’t like Marrone or didn’t like the offense at times. He would have put huge numbers up with HCDB as the coach.

Nassib's senior season was remarkable. I hope some day a Babers QB in a Syracuse uniform can be as successful as that. That would be awesome.

We’ve had a lot of QBs whose senior season was markedly better than their other years. Up to and including McNabb.

People shouldn’t forget that with some of the QB talent evaluations they’re making right now.

It can be frustrating to watch some of the true freshman step in and make plays at other schools, but their supporting cast is different.

Start heaving the sideline throwaways into the 10th row and one fixable problem is instantly solved.

Last edited:
Ryan had a better OL and did a better job of check downs/dumps to the TE. Personally, I'd rather see 3 WR sets with a TE over the middle to help TD as a release valve at the very least.
Look at the bright side; The O-line playing this season is inexperienced but is getting a lot of playing time. Bodes well for the future. I've always thought the season everyone wanted this year happens next year. New QB, inexperienced O-line, inexperienced LB's equals a step back for a program like Syracuse. Only the big dogs reload season after season.

Nassib's senior season was remarkable. I hope some day a Babers QB in a Syracuse uniform can be as successful as that. That would be awesome.

Rumor has it that Alec Lemon is still running wide open through the Missouri secondary to this day.

Nassib doesn't get talked about nearly enough but man what'd I'd give to have another Alec Lemon at WR this year or any year really.

Rumor has it that Alec Lemon is still running wide open through the Missouri secondary to this day.

Nassib doesn't get talked about nearly enough but man what'd I'd give to have another Alec Lemon at WR this year or any year really.
that's the game I realized (after serious concerns to the contrary) that it was possible to resurrect the program. Specifically that wheel route he ran to pull that one out.

Yes... More Nassib talk. I always feel that Ryan is undervalued on this forum for his contribution.

I think a lot of that was because he performed his position's responsibilities well and didn't take over games by making big plays outside of the system.

Nassib, Marrone and Hackett don't get enough credit for that last year's offense especially considering they changed it two weeks before the season began.

SU fans (and most football fans) lionize QBs who made plays beyond the scope of their responsibilities or what the offense asked them to do (e.g. McNabb/Graves/Dungey eluding tackles for loss for big plays).

It's easier to remember the amazing individual plays and forget some of their shortcomings in other areas of being a QB (e.g. arm strength, reading defenses, etc.)

Wow, so he is going to go 23-13 the rest of the way despite currently being 1-2 and commanding an O ranked in the 100s? I hope you end up being right. I guess that means “corner turned.”

35th most efficient passer in the country, that's not that hard to imagine happening next year.

pretty much no chance this year unless he has some games where he goes totally beserk (which i suppose is possible)

pretty much no chance this year unless he has some games where he goes totally beserk (which i suppose is possible)

I mean, the one hope I'm clinging to relies on my own eyes showing me against FSU and UNC that Tommy's got some high-end skills.

So it's not crazy to think that he could go all Terrell Hunt vs. Wagner against a couple bad defenses in the next two weeks.

I wonder how differently Saturday would've gone if Taj Harris didn't alligator arm a likely 25-yard gain on the first drive. A couple completions like that and everything might've opened up.

I mean, the one hope I'm clinging to relies on my own eyes showing me against FSU and UNC that Tommy's got some high-end skills.

So it's not crazy to think that he could go all Terrell Hunt vs. Wagner against a couple bad defenses in the next two weeks.

I wonder how differently Saturday would've gone if Taj Harris didn't alligator arm a likely 25-yard gain on the first drive. A couple completions like that and everything might've opened up.
babers at bowling green made a huge jump in rating from year one to year two. treating this like year 1 of devito/offense (big asterisk there)

passing game in 2016 wasn't far behind 2012s actually, everything else was way different

a couple dozen maybe and we probably still lose

The Harris drop sticks out because we as fans saw it and could easily recognize the mistake but there were many mistakes on the offensive side of the ball to go around that we didn't see...including the coaching.

Nassib2%255Bs%255D.gif

A little off topic, I have Alec Lemons Pin Stripe Bowl (Game worn) jersey hanging on my wall in my man cave. Great get.

I have fond memories of that game. If I remember correctly, it was a late scheduling change that brought us down to Columbia. Mizzou thought this game would be a gimmee but we proved otherwise.

I have fond memories of that game. If I remember correctly, it was a late scheduling change that brought us down to Columbia. Mizzou thought this game would be a gimmee but we proved otherwise.

Believe that to be the case. Every year was a fire drill to get games due to apparent lack of poor planning.

The Harris drop sticks out because we as fans saw it and could easily recognize the mistake but there were many mistakes on the offensive side of the ball to go around that we didn't see...including the coaching.

He had a perfectly thwon deep ball dropped early on too.

Whats crazy is that if you told me this summer that Trishton Jackson would be our best WR and it wouldn't be close I'd be thrilled and getting giddy. But it has more to do with the experienced guys regressing. The smaller guys look like FCS level WRs.

Ryan had a better OL and did a better job of check downs/dumps to the TE. Personally, I'd rather see 3 WR sets with a TE over the middle to help TD as a release valve at the very least.

would love to see us utilize the middle of the field more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom