Three year record, 20-17 | Syracusefan.com

Three year record, 20-17

GoSU96

Living Legend
last time that was true was 2001-2003.

Previous five years, 14-45.

That's a turn around.

24-25 career at SU so far is nothing short of a miracle - a freakin miracle. Just as importantly is the foundation he has built for the future and the class with which he has conducted himself. Though ups and downs he has been rock steady and classy. How the hell did we get this lucky?

10-11 BE (including an awful 1-6 last year) over last 3 years (and 5-2 on the way out the door)

4-31 BE previous 5 years.

Wayyyy better.

There are many works to be done but I'm digging the tone of this thread! Let's get that title that just barely eluded Coach Mac, winning the big east and then the ACC are just stepping stones.

last time that was true was 2001-2003.

Previous five years, 14-45.

That's a turn around.

Clearly to anyone with a working set of eyes, we are a better team than we were in the 4 years Robinson was coach.

The question that most want to know is, are we heading to something better than the end of the Pasqualoni era? Or is that where we're going to level out.

I think we might have some bumps in the road early next year with the QB transition, but ultimately I do think Marrone gets us back to the 90's Pasqualoni era, with that missing special season in the late 90s.

This is like when Harry and Lloyd drove 1/6 of the country in the wrong direction. They are on the moped now, back where Lloyd first headed east by mistake. Onto Aspen.

The big difference between now and the GROB'S era is that right now it could be argued we are the best team in the Big East. In the GROB years there was very little debate that we were the worst.

24-25 career at SU so far is nothing short of a miracle - a freakin miracle. Just as importantly is the foundation he has built for the future and the class with which he has conducted himself. Though ups and downs he has been rock steady and classy. How the hell did we get this lucky?

This is merely Schianoesque. I expect Doug to be 64-38 or thereabouts after his 8th year as head coach.

Or you could say that Doug won more games in the Big East then Robinson did in 4 years combined.

Got to continue recruiting hard, getting money for facilities and win even more games.

I admit the GROB years kicked the crap out of my enthusiasm for 'Cuse football. No I am not a fair weather fan. Non of my pro sports teams are perennial winners (if winners at all ;) ) but I always look forward to a new season. Those last couple of GRob years were rough. HCDM has brought back my enthusiam tenfold. LGO!

Another way to look at the last 3 years is 20-17 & 10-11 versus 16-20 & 8-12 from 2002-2004.

Clearly to anyone with a working set of eyes, we are a better team than we were in the 4 years Robinson was coach.

The question that most want to know is, are we heading to something better than the end of the Pasqualoni era? Or is that where we're going to level out.

I think we might have some bumps in the road early next year with the QB transition, but ultimately I do think Marrone gets us back to the 90's Pasqualoni era, with that missing special season in the late 90s.

This is like when Harry and Lloyd drove 1/6 of the country in the wrong direction. They are on the moped now, back where Lloyd first headed east by mistake. Onto Aspen.

Just when I thought you couldn't post anything dumber, you post something like this.

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Looking back its amazing what GRob did to this program. He literally took the program to the depths of hell. He should be arrested.

Just when I thought you couldn't post anything dumber, you post something like this.

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Nice. I was picturing Go and (insert anyone else) having that exchange when Harry woke up (GRob was coaching). I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this. Yeah, that John Denver is full of man.

I think our peak is actually higher than it was during Pasqualoni's years.

The deficiency we always had was our line play. When we went up against a tremendous defensive line or offensive line, our lines could not match up.

In my opinion, our lines (both offensive and defensive) are a strength now. Yeah, if Pugh leaves we need someone to step in. And OL may be, as a whole, a bit shallow in terms of depth. But I believe Knapp will develop, Nick Robinson and Omari Palmer have a chance, Trudo and Foy are both redshirt freshmen with experience, and Emerich also is waiting in the wings to take over for Macky.

Next year's QB battle will be interesting - and may cause us to lose a game or two that we should win. But I would argue our skill position players are improving too. Funderburk has more explosiveness than either of our departed seniors. We will miss Lemon and Sales a lot, but I think West/Funderburk/Kobena may have more speed than what we had this year.

I like the trend we are heading in. It's an exciting time for sure to be a fan of Syracuse football.

Or you could say that Doug won more games in the Big East then Robinson did in 4 years combined.

Got to continue recruiting hard, getting money for facilities and win even more games.

Money for facilities, and for keeping good assistants. Throw in a little bit of luck to land that "Lightning in a Bottle" type of player, and we're off to the races.

Another way to look at the last 3 years is 20-17 & 10-11 versus 16-20 & 8-12 from 2002-2004.
I'll buy into this part of your agenda.

I'll buy into this part of your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. People that forget the 3 worse years of recruiting as well as the 3 years of results and blowouts, just have to be reminded when hell started.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't have an agenda. People that forget the 3 worse years of recruiting as well as the 3 years of results and blowouts, just have to be reminded when hell started.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Bees, I agree with you that the program was sliding in Coach P's last years, but the "football cliff" we fell off of in 2005 was ridiculous. We still had the talent to be mediocre instead of horrendous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom