Throwback Unis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Throwback Unis

People here have been begging for the script jerseys for years and now we're complaining about the shorts? I think they look awesome, excited to see them brought out.

Me 2.. although we've already had the script jerseys.

I've been saying this over on the football unis thread but it applies here too... It was inevitable that people complained about these, no matter how much people wanted the cursive back. Unbelievable.

I think the issue (at least for me) is that these throwbacks are not really throwbacks in the sense that SU never wore blue shorts with the script tops. If the shorts were orange, it would make more sense. But some people (maybe myself included) can never be satisfied.

The Kentucky one in particular, I cannot for the life of me tell what's so "throwback" about it. If I turned on a Kentucky game and saw them in those I would have no clue that anything was different about the uniforms.

I like the throwbacks...just wish the shorts were orange rather than blue.

Regarding the shorts... I doubt we wear blue anyway.

Im pretty sure we arent going to be wearing orange jerseys at home, at least...

Guys I think you are missing the point. This picture is a marketing shot. I don't think the actual uniforms will be mis-matched, they are just showing there are alternate "colorways." Further, I don't expect we will be wearing orange jerseys or blue anything at home against BC.

The Duke jerseys are throwback to the 1980s-thru Grant Hill era 1994. Duke's font is different today than it was in that time frame. The D-U-K-E jerseys today are spelled with a thicker blue font instead of thinner one in the above throwback.

The Kentucky throwbacks are to their 1998 NC team.

Guys I think you are missing the point. This picture is a marketing shot. I don't think the actual uniforms will be mis-matched, they are just showing there are alternate "colorways." Further, I don't expect we will be wearing orange jerseys or blue anything at home against BC.

ahem... copy cat :p

ahem... copy cat :p

Technically I beat you to the punch with post #22, but the panic didn't subside so I reiterated. But we are the only voices of reason here so we gotta stick together.

Technically I beat you to the punch with post #22, but the panic didn't subside so I reiterated. But we are the only voices of reason here so we gotta stick together.

DAMMIT! I hate technicalities.

pfister1 said:
With Celuck wearing the headband, it almost looks like that picture may have been taken after a particularly hard fought win in a YMCA open gym pickup game.
Wasn't it an ND game?

I think the issue (at least for me) is that these throwbacks are not really throwbacks in the sense that SU never wore blue shorts with the script tops. If the shorts were orange, it would make more sense. But
some people (maybe myself included) can never be satisfied.

I don't think any of them are true throwbacks. Ohio State's leaked this morning and someone said they called them "fauxbacks"

Wasn't it an ND game?
NIT Semi-Final 2002 against South Carolina. That is where that picture is from with Orange top and white shorts. We were supposed to wear Orange, but brought the whites and when the Orange jerseys arrived the refs called an auto-matic timeout and finished the first half in the Orange on White.

I don't think any of them are true throwbacks. Ohio State's leaked this morning and someone said they called them "fauxbacks"
The Ohio State tops are the 1991-1992 Jimmy Jackson era. I remember as kid watching the 1992 Southeast regional final Michigan (Fab 5) vs #1 seed Ohio State in Lexington, KY. Those are the tops Ohio State wore.

The UNC ones are from the Michael Jordan era. I have no clue on Oregon.

Michigan State is wearing the style that Magic Johnson wore, but instead of white they are gold.

I think the issue (at least for me) is that these throwbacks are not really throwbacks in the sense that SU never wore blue shorts with the script tops. If the shorts were orange, it would make more sense. But some people (maybe myself included) can never be satisfied.
Yeah well let's make the kids wear the same length shorts too. That'll make them a true throwback. I want to see a lot of thighs out there

Yeah well let's make the kids wear the same length shorts too. That'll make them a true throwback. I want to see a lot of thighs out there

136567-standard.jpg

The SU and Ohio State unis suck. The rest are terrific. I think we need to sign up with Under Amour. Nike has been failing us.

The SU and Ohio State unis suck. The rest are terrific. I think we need to sign up with Under Armour. Nike has been failing us.
I really like the orange top. Complete ripoff of our shirts circa mid 1990s, so it is the best work Nike has done in decades.

I hope and pray that Nike's marketing people are as incompetent as their design people and the shorts are really orange, which would really make them retro instead of "rutt row" mentally challenged.

Orange shirts and blue shorts. Nike's way of saying "our complete lack of taste and style even affects our attempts to make retro jerseys".

On the positive side, I give Nike full credit for being consistent in everything that they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom