Throwback Unis | Syracusefan.com

Throwback Unis

bnoro

Lurker
YESSSSSSSSSS the cursive is back!

Edit: Will be worn for the BC home game

BfP-KcgCEAAGsrW.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bite...where are we throwing 'em back to. I am not a fan of Orange jersey, blue pants. Did we ever actually wear that combination?

I'll bite...where are we throwing 'em back to. I am not a fan of Orange jersey, blue pants. Did we ever actually wear that combination?

Never.

Must be we're planning on them for an upcoming road game? Maybe at Duke on Feb 22?

Those are beautiful. I don't care about the shorts as much as the Pearl/Sherm/Seikaly/Coleman/Owens tops.

I've been saying this over on the football unis thread but it applies here too... It was inevitable that people complained about these, no matter how much people wanted the cursive back. Unbelievable.

They are wearing them against BC because the Eagles are an Under Armour school and Nike likes its teams to wear their special jerseys against non-Nike teams. We also might wear them on the road when we play @Maryland on February 24th.

We wore those when I was in school (maybe '04 or '05) and lost. Hopefully we have better luck this time. I do like those jerseys though.

People here have been begging for the script jerseys for years and now we're complaining about the shorts? I think they look awesome, excited to see them brought out.

I've been saying this over on the football unis thread but it applies here too... It was inevitable that people complained about these, no matter how much people wanted the cursive back. Unbelievable.

Believe it. I haven't been asking for the cursive letting so I don't feel any remorse in biotching about the ugly blue shorts. Now I don't mind the cursive lettering, do it with the color coordinated shorts and I'm ok with it.

I think they look awesome, shorts included.

Definitely has a late 80's feel.

Not at all like the all blue uniforms of which we may not speak.

I am guessing that we'll be wearing the white version of these with white shorts for that BC game. They'll probably produce/sell orange, white, and blue versions but we'd wear the home jersey at home. Unless they have a platinum version!

Michigan State has worn theirs at least once and they were not pee-yellow like shown here. KU has been rocking theirs for every game I have seen at the Phog this year.

Edit: KU may be an Adidas school so never mind on that reference, but they have been wearing nice throwbacks.

Last edited:
I had not thought of Billy Celuck in years. But I loved Kueth! They actually look a bit embarrassed wearing those mismatched uni pieces.

With Celuck wearing the headband, it almost looks like that picture may have been taken after a particularly hard fought win in a YMCA open gym pickup game.

We wore those when I was in school (maybe '04 or '05) and lost. Hopefully we have better luck this time. I do like those jerseys though.
We wore white cursive Syracuse jerseys in 2004 on Big Monday against Chris Thomas led Notre Dame. The Irish beat us and we haven't seen them since. However, these Orange throwbacks which are cooler IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom