Thybulle | Syracusefan.com

Thybulle

He is an NBA defender for sure. Hoping he does well.

I’m happy for the kid, and happy that it makes those who negative recruit against us based on the zone look stupid.

Jerami Grant, Wes Johnson, MCW, Etan...our guys that were good defenders in college that have the athleticism and measureables, are also good defenders in the pros.

Wish this bull narrative would die!! Defense is athleticism and hustle. He’s got both!
I’m happy for the kid, and happy that it makes those who negative recruit against us based on the zone look stupid.

Jerami Grant, Wes Johnson, MCW, Etan...our guys that were good defenders in college that have the athleticism and measureables, are also good defenders in the pros.

I think it does inflate defensive stats. Cooney, Howard etc. But some guys you can see the defensive skill, MCW, Thybulle.

So Thybulle drafted top 20 because he’s an elite defender? But wait...you can’t be an elite defender playing zone. Right?
No one said you can't be a good defender coming out of a zone college. The knock is that you didn't demonstrate it in college, and that you haven't done it at that level. GMs have careers to worry about. They make safe bets, and they still are able to recognize talent despite the system. Either way, there's still a valid knock on zone even if it is a PR/recruiting distortion. True or not, there's still an effect on both sides of the recruit/draft equation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom