Tiana Mangakahia Entering WNBA Draft / Signs with Australian Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiana Mangakahia Entering WNBA Draft / Signs with Australian Team

I feel badly for her, and I hope that she has a long career, but this points to how fans in general overvalue our team’s stars.

8FBA0A48-7552-4032-99AF-8F02B65A4AD0.gif

Almost bought tickets to Saturday's pre season game, but you had to buy 2 and the better seats were $76. I would buy one, but 2 so one could sit empty? Plus I am just going out, so was not sure about this anyways. No one takes safety efforts here. There is limited seating, but nothing else. Not even sure if they require masks. AZ has zero restrictions for about 2 months now. So between the 2, it is a no go, but TV for me.

Almost bought tickets to Saturday's pre season game, but you had to buy 2 and the better seats were $76. I would buy one, but 2 so one could sit empty? Plus I am just going out, so was not sure about this anyways. No one takes safety efforts here. There is limited seating, but nothing else. Not even sure if they require masks. AZ has zero restrictions for about 2 months now. So between the 2, it is a no go, but TV for me.
$76 per seat with a 2 seat minimum for a WNBA preseason game?

Correct. She has been cut from the team. They actually are 1 under the cap. A bit strange. Oh well.

Correct. She has been cut from the team. They actually are 1 under the cap. A bit strange. Oh well.

I would assume that you cut one more than necessary, then they can sign someone who's been cut from another team.

I would assume that you cut one more than necessary, then they can sign someone who's been cut from another team.
Interesting. Never had to think about it before.

I love Tiana but you can't have 5 turnovers in the 15 minutes you play in your only game with the team, even if it is preseason. She will do well in the international league somewhere and get a better paycheck than what the WNBA would ever give her.

Very good point. The WNBA may be higher profile, but the real money in the women's game is overseas.

Wouldn’t you only do that if you had a specific need that the player you cut didn’t fill or you knew there were better players that were going to be available.

Anyways it looks like they had a salary cap issue as the reason they are one player under the limit.
The Mercury do not have room for a 12th player due to salary cap restrictions.