Ticket Sales - Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Sales - Wake Forest

G

GoCuse44

Based upon the available seats on the Ticketmaster link through the SU Athletics website it looks like we could have a very good crowd Thursday night. I love the new Tickmaster website which allows a person to look at the seats avaialble in each section.

Since SU is still selling season tickets I am wondering if they have not put all of the available tickets online in hopes they can sell more ticket packages this week.

If anyone has a contact at the box office it would be great to get a daily update on ticket sales. I am hoping for 45,000+ if we get a big turnout from the SU students.:)

They are holding back season tickets

My sense I got is we have about 42k announced

ill go with 46700 announced realistically 42

want a sell-out, but I take 42k. beats the 30K announced in the grobbers era, with maybe,maybe 10k in the dome at kick-off

Although I don't live in New York anymore, I just bought 5 sets of seasons for family members back in Syracuse. I'm hoping for 47. I think that would be a great turnout for a opener. I know it's been discussed, but what was the number for Minnesota back in 2009? I would love to see a crowd atmosphere like that over ESPN3

If we get 40k I will be shocked (and very happy).

40k in that place for a night game is every bit as loud as an 80k outdoor stadium. Get me 40k in the building with a juiced up student section and the atmosphere will be great.

I will guess we fall just short of 40 though.

They are holding back season tickets

My sense I got is we have about 42k announced

At this point why hold them back though? Just put them out there on Ticketmaster. If someone calls and orders a season ticket, consider it sold, take it back from Ticketmaster. How hard can it be to operate it this way? This should have happened 2 weeks before the game at least.

the school is holding back blocks of areas for season tickets for the next few weeks. Why would they put the "better" seats up for sale when there is still a chance someone buys them for seasons?

I think we should be around 43k. It'll be a rowdy night crowd. Thursday can't come fast enough.

the school is holding back blocks of areas for season tickets for the next few weeks. Why would they put the "better" seats up for sale when there is still a chance someone buys them for seasons?

We think we'll have a material amount of people buying up season tickets AFTER the first game of the year? I guess we really do have a strange fan base.

I say 46,000 for the first half of the game and 30,000 for the second half

I think the school needs to look at the incentive of buying season tickets. right now you dont get any special pricing. they offer the endzone seats at such a deal many just switched. And there is no real demand so you can get good seats to any game. Maybe if the offered some discount to buying a season ticket more would buy them instead of just picking the better games?

Axe just tweeted that an SU official told him that they expect high 30s. That's disheartening.

I think the school needs to look at the incentive of buying season tickets. right now you dont get any special pricing. they offer the endzone seats at such a deal many just switched. And there is no real demand so you can get good seats to any game. Maybe if the offered some discount to buying a season ticket more would buy them instead of just picking the better games?

I think they need to take a long look at how they are pricing premium season tix. Maybe it has changed, not sure. But we now have end zones that are always pretty full and large pockets of silver on the sidelines. I'm not sure Gross ever touched the pricing for that, at one point I remembered it had been the same way for quite a while.

winning changes everything. In my mind, there are hardcores who sit through 4 qtrs of Grob nonsense for 4 years (they go no matter what) and then there are the 15k or so fair-weathers who will come once the team starts to win. It is what it is. Team wins the games they are supposed to win and excitement will be there. We're on the cusp.

The prices for premium seats have skyrocketed the past several years. What I used to pay for premium seats have gone from $250 to $700 per seat plus the cost of a season ticket. If you want to purchase a Level A premium seat now, you pay $700 per seat/per year plus a one time $10,000 donation. Level B is a $5000 donation in addition to your yearly premium seat cost and a season ticket. Basketball is saving them right now because people don't want to lose their seats. The premium seat cost is good for basketball and football.

Based upon the available seats on the Ticketmaster link through the SU Athletics website it looks like we could have a very good crowd Thursday night. I love the new Tickmaster website which allows a person to look at the seats avaialble in each section.

Since SU is still selling season tickets I am wondering if they have not put all of the available tickets online in hopes they can sell more ticket packages this week.

If anyone has a contact at the box office it would be great to get a daily update on ticket sales. I am hoping for 45,000+ if we get a big turnout from the SU students.:)

With no real tv its gotta be 45K+ or they need to jack the fan base somehow with some kind of gimmick or something state wide. I think they will get to the magic 45K which is good only ,not great. Chalk up the attendance to another reason we never go BT. Seriously ,I know some of you dream and it might be a bit of fun but $wise we a truckload behind.:(

With no real tv its gotta be 45K+ or they need to jack the fan base somehow with some kind of gimmick or something state wide. I think they will get to the magic 45K which is good only ,not great. Chalk up the attendance to another reason we never go BT. Seriously ,I know some of you dream and it might be a bit of fun but $wise we a truckload behind.:(

We aren't getting anywhere near 45k

If we only get 38,000 in the Dome on Thursday it would be really disappointing. My only hope is the students turn out in force and create a great atmosphere in the Dome.

I wonder if the university officials regret moving the game to Thursday night.