1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Tillerson

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by rrlbees, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Cowtown

Cowtown Adult Study Hall Overseer

I try not to confuse legitimate conservatives with Republicans. ;)

2. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck How did I get all these likes

There are no conservatives... Just different spending priorities and groups to be pandered to.

3. victor

victor All Conference

You know that I am a big fan of Rubio, but I am becoming concerned that he is turning in a mini McCain.

4. shandeezy7

shandeezy7 All American

How so?

5. victor

victor All Conference

Rubio's foreign policy is one of intervention which is the same as Hillary's. My problem with McCain has always been that there wasn't a war where he did not think American troops needed to be involved. I am not sure what Rubio is seeking to prove with his line of questioning of Tillerson, but the fact that the left and the MSM may be praising him now will do him little good if he ever runs for President against a Democrat which I am beginning to think will be unlikely.

6. victor

victor All Conference

One more thing about Rubio. When all the leaking of the e mails started, he was the one guy who came out and said this is not a good thing and we should take no pleasure that is happening. IMO Rubio is fundamentally a decent smart guy who gives a hell of speech where he praises his parents and shows his love for this country. It is very inspirational speech that young people in particular should hear. I went to one of his rallies and he had a great connection with young people.

Unfortunately politics is a dirty business and being principled and decent is not going to get you very far.

7. shandeezy7

shandeezy7 All American

It could get you far if the American public wasn't so dumb and gullible.