Time Out use | Syracusefan.com

Time Out use

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
end of half i thought we did a great job forcing FSU to use all their time outs. i assumed we did it so when we kicked off after our FG, they would just take a knee. Thats been re-hashed so lets move to FSU on their last punt reversing roles acting like they are going for it (no chance that they would from mid-field with their D reeling), and we save our TO letting FSU weakly try to draw us off burning 30 in the process. i would have rather saved the time there as i think you can stop clock easier on O under 2 minutes. The sack made it a blessing we had the TO, but i dont think we were planning on that. curious as to what those with better football minds than mine thought? whats the benefit of not stopping clock on punt?

end of half i thought we did a great job forcing FSU to use all their time outs. i assumed we did it so when we kicked off after our FG, they would just take a knee. Thats been re-hashed so lets move to FSU on their last punt reversing roles acting like they are going for it (no chance that they would from mid-field with their D reeling), and we save our TO letting FSU weakly try to draw us off burning 30 in the process. i would have rather saved the time there as i think you can stop clock easier on O under 2 minutes. The sack made it a blessing we had the TO, but i dont think we were planning on that. curious as to what those with better football minds than mine thought? whats the benefit of not stopping clock on punt?
100% correct. Use the time out on defense. After all, we were going to be rushing on offense. And under no circumstances was FSU going to go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom