Time to count our blessings | Syracusefan.com

Time to count our blessings

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
  • I'm thankful that we have a Div 1 basketball program that plays in the premier conference.
  • I'm thankful for Hugh Carey and the Carrier Dome and what it has done for elevating the status of both programs
  • I'm thankful for what JB has accomplished in his 40 year tenure; he's provided some great memories
  • I'm thankful the BOT is committed to renovating the Dome
  • I'm thankful for Mark Coyle hiring Babers
  • I'm thankful Babers wants to stick around for a little while
Basketball and football have been an important cog in my identity for many years. I don't know where I'd be without a nationally recognized hometown team to root for. Sometimes during grief it's healthy to reflect and get some perspective.

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
I see nobody is biting on this. It's tough for me too, because while everything you say is true, I don't really trust you. You're a ring leader in the doomsday crowd, ya know? People are venting emotions right now, so we're seeing all the same old same old from people who can't control themselves. You're in that crowd, so I'll acknowledge the attempt here, but it seems disingenuous.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
I see nobody is biting on this. It's tough for me too, because while everything you say is true, I don't really trust you. You're a ring leader in the doomsday crowd, ya know? People are venting emotions right now, so we're seeing all the same old same old from people who can't control themselves. You're in that crowd, so I'll acknowledge the attempt here, but it seems disingenuous.
It's not a binary choice here. We can take time to reflect and be thankful... and ALSO express a strong desire to close this chapter for Syracuse hoops and yearn for a new beginning.

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I’ve sent this clip to a few women over the years to explain my Syracuse Orange/Buffalo Bills sports fandom.

It’s, in my opinion, one of the greatest scenes in television history.

We may feud over Zone vs Man, Recruiting and Offense Design, but we all clearly have a huge piece of our identities rooted in Syracuse sports.