Time to cut the cable. | Syracusefan.com

Time to cut the cable.

44PRIDE

All Conference
I'm so utterly done with Time Warner. The wife and I are ready to cut cable TV out of our lives forever. However, I need some tips from others.

We don't watch all that much TV, so we won't miss much. My TV is set up for WiFi already. We were planning on going with the Verizon internet and phone package.

I know that Hulu will allow to watch TV programs, but what about sports? Where do you go for sports? What are some of the cons of "cutting the cable"?

I have been trying to figure out something similar. I pay around 90$ a month for cable and Internet, but I literally only watch like 6 channels (espn 95% of the time).

I'm so utterly done with Time Warner. The wife and I are ready to cut cable TV out of our lives forever. However, I need some tips from others.

We don't watch all that much TV, so we won't miss much. My TV is set up for WiFi already. We were planning on going with the Verizon internet and phone package.

I know that Hulu will allow to watch TV programs, but what about sports? Where do you go for sports? What are some of the cons of "cutting the cable"?
Xbox live has the espn3 app. it's $60/year or so.

Don't know where you live but I love RCN. Great rates, people are friendly, wait times are 2 minutes on the phone, and show up the day you call if you have a technical difficulty.

Time Warner is god awful. I have so many horror stories from my time with them.

I got business speed Internet, phone line and cable for less than $100/month with RCN.

If you're in new York, you need the time Warner sports channel for SU games. Sometimes I cut the cable between SU basketball season and football season

You need to play the game and rotate services every 3 years if you can. I had Cablevision and it got up to $160 per month for phone, tv, and Internet. I was able to switch to directv, vonage and kept my cable Internet connection for around $120 per month. Now I have Cablevision calling me all the time to switch back for 89.95 for the triple play. I don't think we are at the point where we can just have An Internet connection and get the tv that we want. It woul be cool if it was all Internet based and you toggle back and forth between apps of channels you subscribe to.

Been without cable for a while. You can absolutely live without it. I just go out to restaurants or bars for games I want to watch. Occasionally I may also hijack an internet feed.

I went with the most basic of cable for a while. Eventually, I got sick of watching scrambled espn and didn't like having to go to a restaurant or bar to watch games, especially since I couldn't hear the games. After upgrading the cable and then getting tired of their service I settled on Directv. I'm not addicted to the internet so I use it at work or go somewhere with free wifi. It's only a minor convenience not having at home.