Timing | Syracusefan.com

Timing

tptcuse

Living Legend
If I am reading correctly, the next portal window opens up on March 13th. It seems like any coaching decisions should be announced by then to maximize potential for a new coach (or a last year of JB) to use the portal and for our current players to make decisions. It seems to me the earlier a decision is announced, the better. I am assuming we can hire very quickly. Thoughts?

If I am reading correctly, the next portal window opens up on March 13th. It seems like any coaching decisions should be announced by then to maximize potential for a new coach (or a last year of JB) to use the portal and for our current players to make decisions. It seems to me the earlier a decision is announced, the better. I am assuming we can hire very quickly. Thoughts?

I don't think they can hire someone that quickly. But I do think they could get someone by April 1st or so.

I agree 100% that it's necessary to avoid a total disaster next year.

You need to let the first two weeks of post season play out. The good players and coaches won’t be available until then.

You need to let the first two weeks of post season play out. The good players and coaches won’t be available until then.
Good point. And if I am one of our players, I would want to wait and see what happens with the coaching situation before I decide what to do for next year.

Well we will have to wait until Xavier is done right? Or is it normal to hire someone while they are still coaching in the tournament? Don't we have to wait until Xavier gets eliminated?

Well we will have to wait until Xavier is done right? Or is it normal to hire someone while they are still coaching in the tournament? Don't we have to wait until Xavier gets eliminated?
Your commitment is admirable.

Your commitment is admirable.

I just think it is so easy and just sets up perfectly. Seems like a no-brainer so much so I am sure he will not get the job probably not even an interview.

Have low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

No, I think you have it exactly backwards here - have low expectations (in who we can hire ...) and we are SURE to be disappointed.

We have to dare to be great again. We have to stop caring about the feelings of some old wealthy millionaire who thinks he is bigger than his employer, bigger than the program, and smarter than everyone else.

Good point. And if I am one of our players, I would want to wait and see what happens with the coaching situation before I decide what to do for next year.

If a player puts their name in the portal, the university is no longer responsible for their scholarship, right? It's like they have to have it re-offered to them to be able to return if they find no takers.

If a player puts their name in the portal, the university is no longer responsible for their scholarship, right? It's like they have to have it re-offered to them to be able to return if they find no takers.
I believe they can ask to come back but the university does not have to oblige.

We will have a new coach as soon as the current coach resigns.
God I hope not. We should take at least a month to fill the role. It’s fairly clear to knowledgeable individuals that the answer does not currently sit within the current staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom