Tip Off Initial Impressions | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tip Off Initial Impressions

The new female player who made 5 3s?

My guess is this freshman. She is from the West Coast. I expect she'll play some this year. Kudos to her for not bailing on the school after the Hillsman fiasco.

That was her. She had an outstanding career in HS but the 'expert' evaluators did not rate her highly.

That was her. She had an outstanding career in HS but the 'expert' evaluators did not rate her highly.
Maybe she'll be our Hal Cohen or Marty Headd of the women's team. They were also high scoring sleeper recruits.

I've already coined her nickname: J-She-3

She's very much like the JGIII of the ladies team - insane volume HS scorer with "in the gym" range, and zero conscience.
Who doesn't get higher crooting rankings due to comp level, and not being tall or incredibly athletic.

The new female player who made 5 3s?

My guess is this freshman. She is from the West Coast. I expect she'll play some this year. Kudos to her for not bailing on the school after the Hillsman fiasco.

That is 40 minutes from me. Hope she does well.

Looking forward to seeing him play. There have been a number of guys who do pretty well with flat shots to be fair but if he is a mid range to the rim kinda guy it balances out better too. Rather have the most athletic guys on the team playing closer to the rim anyways.

Greg Monroe and Todd Burgan were a couple good ones for us with pretty flat shots. Scoop wasn't far behind. His corner 3's were like throwing darts.