Tirico, Dakich, Katz tomorrow night.*** | Syracusefan.com

Tirico, Dakich, Katz tomorrow night.***

Respectfully disagree. Not a big fan of his at all. He just talks way too much.
Wait a broadcaster who talks too much? Say it aint so...

Wait, Tirico is going to do the Monday night football game tonight in Seattle, get to sleep at 3 AM Eastern, and then do a game 3,000 miles away at 7:15? My goodness does he love his alma mater. Good for him

Wait, Tirico is going to do the Monday night football game tonight in Seattle, get to sleep at 3 AM Eastern, and then do a game 3,000 miles away at 7:15? My goodness does he love his alma mater. Good for him

technically seattle is considered a home game for syracuse.

Syracuse :43.0469° N latitude

Seattle: 47.6097° N latitude

its literally a straight shot.

Jetblue has an 11PM flight that would get him in by 11AM. Still crazy, considering you'd think they'd need to to some prep work, production stuff, etc...

Wow!!!!! That's big time for Tirico to come all the way from Seattle to Syracuse for this game and one thing you know for sure is he will be well prepared. IMO there no play by play guy that is more prepared for the teams he is calling and that goes for all sports he does (NFL, NBA, NCAA)

I love Mike Tirico. There is no bigger alma mater homer in all of sports broadcasting, and he's our guy. I wouldn't have it any other way.
That's being pretty hard on him.
Mike generally does a strong, professional job.

That's being pretty hard on him.
Mike generally does a strong, professional job.

I didn't mean it in a negative way at all - Tirico is one of the most talented broadcasters in the business. But there's no denying that he goes out of his way at every opportunity to make Cuse references - and I think it's great.

I didn't mean it in a negative way at all - Tirico is one of the most talented broadcasters in the business. But there's no denying that he goes out of his way at every opportunity to make Cuse references - and I think it's great.
He'll get a reference in once a broadcast, just like Sean McDonnough is good for one "Harvard of Central New York" reference a broadcast, but I find both to be pretty evenhanded for actual coverage. Turns our they know what they're doing down in Newhouse.

Dakich is cool. He will not be pro-IU tonight. You should've heard him on Indy sports radio after we beat them down last March. He was ripping them bigtime while praising JB and SU galore.

Tirico is the man. I could enjoy listening to him do the game by himself. I'm not as familiar with Dakich, so I can't say.

As for Andy Katz, you could tell me some random ESPN employee to be named later would be filling in(usually a scary thought considering the sorry lot they employ) for him, and I'd be happy with my chances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom