To be great again! | Syracusefan.com

To be great again!

BillSU

All American
I think this spring’s now summer’s initial verbal commits are just the beginning of an unaccustomed, fresh start of a Syracuse University Football Program no one has experienced before.

It’s just a feeling I have inside me that with the new additions of Robert Anae, Jason Beck, Bob Ligashesky, and Michael Johnson to the staff of Nick Monroe, Tony White, Chris Achuff, Chip West, and Mike Schmidt and the man, I feel put it together out of necessity, Dino Babers. We are on a great road, one on which we will succeed by winning then winning more and more.

Maybe the schedule this year may give us some trouble because of its difficulty but this staff will not let it go out the window. So, they're new, which may play into it, but this staff is too advanced in coaching acumen and experience and will not tolerate losing. Anae and Beck are winners and really so is everyone else.

If you look at it, the 2018 team was helmed and backed up by some very good talent – that’s why we won and went to a bowl. We have the staff and when you look at the recruits coming in declaring themselves to SU it’s just going to get better. Maybe some on this board are influenced too much by wanting 4 and 5 star athletes, but we have done an excellent job under two good previous coaches Paul and Dick with 3 stars.

As I mentioned, I believe we are on the cusp of something big that will last for a while and keep this coaching staff together for a long time and started feeling that way when Dino was working on the ex - Virginia boys to come to Syracuse and help to make us great again but haven’t said anything until now. edit: It could take two years but if the two years included two bowl wins that really makes a difference in recruiting and the football conferences/medias impression of us, or it could happen right away. We need to see how this team reacts to new coaching, who we put on the field on O&D and how we move the ball and take it away to really know what we have.

The players last weekend, I thought, were all going to commit and the players this weekend are too. We’re too good a school and program to come anywhere near outside looking in and if anyone realizes this it’s Dino. He just needed a break to get the talented coaches to arrive and now following them is a stream of recruits wanting to play and enjoy a great education at Syracuse. If I hear anyone mention anything about the terrible weather in CNY and why would anyone want to play there….I’ve heard it too much and I’m sick of it.

We play in the biggest Dome in the United States and we are taking care of it and making improvements to it and making our Football Complex an outstanding one, to compete with our peers and become as good as, or better than them. John Wildhack is no stranger to success – he wants it and I think with what he’s doing here is going to get it. Maybe if the football alums will pay attention to what’s going on and contribute the time and money to a program as Carmelo Anthony did, the sky is the limit.

Hell, are you seeing what happens - 35,000 for a basketball game because one man had the foresight and funds to give back. Well, we have the same opportunity here, the FB alumni base. It’s already begun. Let’s see what they can do to contribute per John Lally. Maybe 50,000 SRO isn’t too far into the future. Let’s do it guys and girls. FLJ is going to yell at you if you do not apply yourselves and you do not want her in your face to berate you, you want her in your face to congratulate you for being exceptional, congratulating you for being great. You will fall in love with her and have a reason to get really, very good again and another reason to be great. Do the top ten BEST prospects in NYS commit to US every year? Think we can do it? We’re so close. I do. Anything is possible!

edit:Thank you all for the optimism. Good to see what I have in mind is in so many others as well. Optimistic people, in my experience, kicks hell out of pessimistic people. edit: This has been said many times – but we were so close last year to winning three more games – 3 point differences to Fla St., Clemson and Wake and we were doing it with a new QB transfer coming in after our starter couldn’t. Now there’s an optimist. If you’ve ever heard Garrett talk about the team and he knows we weren’t there yet but still tried to give everything to win.

Like I said Anae and Beck are used to winning and winning takes hard work turned into skill on the field. I can’t wait to see the results of a good spring, summer and hopefully see these gentlemen take off and us with them. If they don’t, hang in there - it’s coming soon to a football field near you.

Last edited:
I think this spring’s now summer’s initial verbal commits are just the beginning of an unaccustomed, fresh start of a Syracuse University Football Program no one has experienced before.

It’s just a feeling I have inside me that with the new additions of Robert Anae, Jason Beck, Bob Ligashesky, and Michael Johnson to the staff of Nick Monroe, Tony White, Chris Achuff, Chip West, and Mike Schmidt and the man, I feel put it together out of necessity, Dino Babers we are on a great road, one on which we will succeed by winning then winning more and more.

Maybe the schedule this year may give us some trouble because of its difficulty but this staff will not let it go out the window. So, their new which may play into it but this staff is too advanced in coaching acumen and experience and will not tolerate losing. Anae and Beck are winners and really so is everyone else.

If you look at it, the 2018 team was helmed and backed up by some very good talent – that’s why we won and went to a bowl. We have the staff and when you look at the recruits coming in declaring themselves to SU it’s just going to get better. Maybe some on this board are influenced too much by wanting 4 and 5 star athletes, but we have done an excellent job under two good previous coaches Paul and Dick with 3 stars.

As I mentioned, I believe we are on the cusp of something big that will last for a while and keep this coaching staff together for a long time and started feeling that way when Dino was working on the ex - Virginia boys to come to Syracuse and help to make us great again but haven’t said anything until now.

The players last weekend, I thought, were all going to commit and the players this weekend are too. We’re too good a school and program to come anywhere near outside looking in and if anyone realizes this it’s Dino, he just needed a break to get the talented coaches to arrive and now following them is a stream of recruits wanting to play and enjoy a great education at Syracuse. If I hear anyone mention anything about the terrible weather in CNY and why would anyone want to play there….I’ve heard it too much and I’m sick of it.

We play in the biggest Dome in the United States and we are taking care of it and making improvements to it and making our Football Complex an outstanding one to compete with our peers and become as good as, or better than them. John Wildhack is no stranger to success – he wants it and I think with what he’s doing here is going to get it. Maybe if the football alums will pay attention to what’s going on and contribute the time and money to a program as Carmelo Anthony did, the sky is the limit.

Hell, are you seeing what happens - 35,000 for a basketball game because one man had the foresight and funds to give back. Well, we have the same opportunity here, the FB alumni base. It’s already begun. Let’s see what they can do to contribute per John Lally. Maybe 50,000 SRO isn’t too far into the future. Let’s do it guys and girls. FLJ is going to yell at you if you do not apply yourselves and you do not want her in your face to berate you, you want her in your face to congratulate you for being exceptional congratulating you for being great. You will fall in love with her and have a reason to get really, very good again and another reason to be great. Do the top ten BEST prospects in NYS commit to US every year? Think we can do it? We’re so close. I do. Anything is possible!
Great post bro, from your keyboard to God’s ears! The trajectory is certainly trending in the right direction in all facets. If Shrader stays healthy and the florida qb has a productive role, we can get 7+wins.

That’s what I thought last year had they started Shrader from day one. Let’s hope it’s been a group effort to improve his throwing and if so sky’s the limit. But that’s just one element of your take.

It’ll take several others to get us over the hump but, again, as you noted the trendline is going in the right direction. Nice post.

Last edited:
The coaching staff is strong. I like 'em!!!!!
We are RARELY going to get that high 4 or even a 5 star recruit.
CUSE HAS to have in place S/C programs that can turn that 3 star/.85 player
into an above average P5 athlete in 2 years. It's frustrating to see guys seemingly
be recruited at a certain weight and not fill out/mature. It leads to our lack of depth.
I mean if we are going to play the Clemsons/Fla. St/ND/PSU year in/yearout, we gotta have the horses.
We gotta have 2 "Tucker like athletes" at every position or have that be , at least, the goal.
And we've got 2 seasons to do it.

Meg Ryan Love GIF by HULU

Do the top ten BEST prospects in NYS commit to US every year? Think we can do it? We’re so close. I do. Anything is possible!
EMPIRE STATE STRONG!!! I really think the staff is building a image getting these quality NY athletes. It's one area where they have a chance to get high level guys, I think it's very smart.

That’s fine, we don’t need all the blue chip kids. This is Syracuse. What we need are the hard nosed kids who want to put their heads down every day and work. We need those kids. We are getting those kids so far in this recruiting cycle. Kudos to the staff and way to reload!! I share in this great optimism!!

That’s fine, we don’t need all the blue chip kids. This is Syracuse. What we need are the hard nosed kids who want to put their heads down every day and work. We need those kids. We are getting those kids so far in this recruiting cycle. Kudos to the staff and way to reload!! I share in this great optimism!!
Me too, it June why the F not!

NFL draft lists hardly reflect the ESPN top 300 lists from 4 years prior.

I just want to see ACC level WRs its been too many recent years of watching this position really hurt us.

Football is in a good spot. Terrified of basketball and where its fallen and what the combo of more JB + botched hire does to us.

Scott Shafer, is that you?

I kid, I kid :)

The only thing that could completely derail the season is Shrader getting hurt. And that's a real possibility. Let's pray for an accelerated curve to the development of Villario and Del Rio. That, to me, will be the key. And I don't discount the possibility of Morgan making a move either. But we will need one of them

6 wins has to happen. It won’t be easy with Purdue and Notre Dame but has to be baseline at this point. Only way 5 is enough is if it has two wins out of ND, Clemson, Wake and NC State.

Last edited:
We're really close. Need to get over the hump to a bowl game, then another -- and then things will click and start to roll.

But we need sustained, consistent success strung together for a couple of seasons for things to take off.

We're really close. Need to get over the hump to a bowl game, then another -- and then things will click and start to roll.

But we need sustained, consistent success strung together for a couple of seasons for things to take off.
A Baberism! Fantastic.

Thank you all for the optimism. Good to see what I have in mind is in so many others as well. Optimistic people, in my experience, kicks hell out of pessimistic people, they're tough to be around or listen to. Our glass is half full getting fuller. Let’s fill it until it overflows. :)

The only thing that could completely derail the season is Shrader getting hurt. And that's a real possibility. Let's pray for an accelerated curve to the development of Villario and Del Rio. That, to me, will be the key. And I don't discount the possibility of Morgan making a move either. But we will need one of them
That's the unknown that would have a major effect on our play and schedule. Avoiding injuries especially for Shrader and any of the OL making holes for Sean. It would be nice to have a season finally w/o many people getting hurt, hear me Dakota Davis?

I think we will have a pretty good team this year. I’m not sure how that will result in wins. Our recruiting is ok, but still not nearly good enough to challenge for a division title. We are still ranked in the upper 60’s. That will not get it done.

my biggest concern was lamson going down---he had the biggest upside. we need to able to throw the ball somewhat. i am very curious as to whether shader has improved or if there is next man up in the wings.

She is going to make people forget about our past coach. She can coach, and it won't take her long to start getting good recruits.
All you had to do was see Buffalo against Tennessee in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Only down 6 after 3 against all the talent on Tennessee.
Fair and Hyman together are going to drive the ACC coaches crazy. Neither one can be guarded one on one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom