To The Anae and Beck Family | Syracusefan.com

To The Anae and Beck Family

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Safe travels up I-81. BTW, yes the roads are always that bad in Pennsylvania.

A few things about my area I grew up in:

The food is great in CNY. A few dishes to try: Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens, Salt Potatoes, Fried Haddock, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks.
A few towns and areas to visit with the family: Skaneateles, Cooperstown, Cazenovia, Thousand Islands, Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario.
Green Lakes State Park is a special place really close by for a quick trip with the kids. Walk the trails around the two lakes.

Last edited:
Also if you like Revolutionary War history there is so much to take in - the Battle of Oriskany changed the course of the war and is a great site to visit. Also Fort Stanwix, General Herkimer home and Johnson Hall are great experiences and related to that event.

Welcome. But if you’re reading this board you will drive yourselves crazy. I would suggest don’t. Good luck. We’re hoping for great success. Syracuse is a great place, and our football can be great once again too.

The food is great in CNY. A few dishes to try. Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens, Salt Potatoes, Fried Haddock, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks.
A few towns and areas to visit with the family: Skaneateles, Cooperstown, Cazenovia, Thousand Islands, Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario.
Green Lakes State Park is a special place really close by for a quick trip with the kids. Walk the trails around the two lakes.
I'm so excited that the Anaes and Becks are coming to Syracuse. I'm a CNY ex-pat that still calls upstate NY home. I spent my first 30 years around and in Syracuse, and my next 30 years in Virginia. UVA is my second favorite Virginia school. Two of my kids are William & Mary grads and I'm certainly biased in favor of Williamsburg over Charlottesville, but the UVA is pretty decent. My daughter's cancer was successfully treated in Charlottesville and I'm grateful to the UVA for that.

Though I've been in Colorado now for 6 years, I'm still "from" Syracuse and plan on being back this coming fall to welcome the Anaes & Becks to the dome with all the noise this Syracuse fan can produce. Upstate NY is a beautiful and wondrous place historically, from the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, Erie Canal, Revolutionary War sites, and all the wonderful places to golf. CNY is underrated for many reasons. There is much to explore and enjoy. Thank you in advance for helping to restore a winning tradition to Syracuse football. We're so happy to have you part of the program. Welcome!!

The food is great in CNY. A few dishes to try: Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens, Salt Potatoes, Fried Haddock, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks.
amen and get this, much to the shock of many, CNY's finger lakes area was ranked the number #1 lake retreat area in the world! Beating out lake cuomo Italy, etc. They're literally moving to the nicest area in the world.....well at least for 7-8 months out of the year (and to quote JB and in those other months its hoops season!).

0FB82E17-F9F7-48DA-BFDF-5183F43B003F.png

Also if you like Revolutionary War history there is so much to take in - the Battle of Oriskany changed the course of the war and is a great site to visit. Also Fort Stanwix, General Herkimer home and Johnson Hall are great experiences and related to that event.
I have to agree. Ft. Ticonderoga is also a dandy day trip. This story of the great Hudson River chains is probably my favorite.

81 thru PA, mountains, tractor trailers and dead deer. And let my most recent trip at Thanksgiving, state troopers. PA used to leave that highway alone, it was already hard enough.

They should fly. Let the moving trucks do the driving.

Welcome. But if you’re reading this board you will drive yourselves crazy. I would suggest don’t. Good luck. We’re hoping for great success. Syracuse is a great place, and our football can be great once again too.
100% stay off this board. I would but I’m too far gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom