To the point | Syracusefan.com

To the point

CuseMan4

Starter
Say what you want about this game
Yeah we kept it close for awhile and played them tight which is nice against the number 6 team and gives us a little confidence but the weaknesses of this Cuse team are pretty extreme and they were evident tonight

1) we will be outmatched athletically against most teams P5 or G5 it does not matter. We are horrid athletically

2) kinda going off athleticism but we are a putrid rebounding team which we already knew and it showed big time today. Simply put teams are just bigger, stronger and more athletic than our guys 1-5 and will get more boards than us because of that

3) I’m just gonna say it…Swider ain’t it. He’s being put into a role he simply can’t play. He’s good for his rebounds but he also gets outmatched for a lot of rebounds too. He does not bring much to the table offensively unless his 3’s are falling and he’s slowwwwww. Against good teams I don’t expect much from him because he is quite obviously outmatched

4) we need a bench and that is starting to show. Quite literally anything off the bench would be nice. Buddy is logging huge minutes and I think he’s slumping right now because his legs are heavy. He’s missing shots he simply doesn’t miss

Lastly I’ll end on a positive. The defense is vastly improved these last 2 games against quality opponents too. I like what JB is doing and if we can get the offense clicking like it has most of the game so far along with what the defense has done the last 2 games we could make some noise. But overall this team is deeply flawed and idk how much potential this team really has but I don’t expect much from this season if I’m being honest and I’m just saying all this without my orange shades glasses

I’m not sure how big Gillespie is but whenever I saw him playing defense on Cole, he was absolutely manhandling him. I was shocked to see a guard just totally overmatch a 6’9” forward.

58EA91A0-4582-4475-9C9D-1D071E37428D.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom