To those who say college is better than NBA | Syracusefan.com

To those who say college is better than NBA

OrangeFoo

All American
Turn on TNT now... this game is breathtaking. It reminds me of the days when college teams were loaded with upper classmen and coaches weren’t so controlling.

Turn on TNT now... this game is breathtaking. It reminds me of the days when college teams were loaded with upper classmen and coaches weren’t so controlling.

Unfortunately you have to wade through nearly eight months of flotsam and jetsam to get to this point. The season is ridiculously too long and the players often go through the motions during the regular season.

There’s no doubt that the nba is “better” basketball. It would be impossible not to be. They are the greatest players in the world. But some people, including me, think college ball is more fun, more interesting, more endearing, more whatever. I like the NBA but imo the playoffs don’t compare to the excitement of the NCAAT.

Too many teams in the nba. There are a max of three teams capable of winning. We had to get to this point to have any suspense of who is going to win. Congrats. Sick league.

Unfortunately you have to wade through nearly eight months of flotsam and jetsam to get to this point. The season is ridiculously too long and the players often go through the motions during the regular season.
there are games like this with frequency in the regular season

Too many teams in the nba. There are a max of three teams capable of winning. We had to get to this point to have any suspense of who is going to win. Congrats. Sick league.
Did you miss the Celtics, Pacers, Sixers all in the east capable of taking down the Cavs? I agree Golden State is the odds on favorite but there a number of good players. Keep in mind that in college Nova has 2 in three years and. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona get all of the recruits...

there are games like this with frequency in the regular season

Played with this level of intensity? Nah.

There is a reason why they play live music while the game is in progress. Otherwise the patrons would fall asleep. I went to a Knick/Heat game at MSG this year. Environment was dead and this was when KP was in action.

There are also plenty of games where teams rest significant portions of their lineup when they are in the midst of a tough road trip. Pop perfected that technique.

And how many teams tanked this year? 5, 7 ?

Did you miss the Celtics, Pacers, Sixers all in the east capable of taking down the Cavs? I agree Golden State is the odds on favorite but there a number of good players. Keep in mind that in college Nova has 2 in three years and. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona get all of the recruits...

We get it, the NBA playoffs are exciting and the skill level is off the charts. But the regular season blows. At least this year the playoffs have been more competitive. Last year more than 2/3 of the series ended in five games or less.

One of the things that drives me nuts about the NBA is the live music during the game and those obnoxious voices yelling things or making sounds in the background . Makes it more of an entertainment show IMO.

Played with this level of intensity? Nah.

There is a reason why they play live music while the game is in progress. Otherwise the patrons would fall asleep. I went to a Knick/Heat game at MSG this year. Environment was dead and this was when KP was in action.

There are also plenty of games where teams rest significant portions of their lineup when they are in the midst of a tough road trip. Pop perfected that technique.

And how many teams tanked this year? 5, 7 ?
i watch a lot of nba, on tv and in person. there isn't intensity every night, but there is plenty.

and there are 351 teams playing division college basketball. 250 of them stink and fewer than 10 have a realistic chance of winning the title. that is a much smaller percentage than the nba

I count only one team capable of winning, but it is a joy to watch them although Green is an A-hole.

There’s no doubt that the nba is “better” basketball. It would be impossible not to be. They are the greatest players in the world. But some people, including me, think college ball is more fun, more interesting, more endearing, more whatever. I like the NBA but imo the playoffs don’t compare to the excitement of the NCAAT.

Exactly, but for some reason, NBA fans feel the need to repeatedly come on a college board and make posts like the one that began this thread. It's as if there are no NBA message boards on the entire internet, so they have to come here.

I don't mean to belabor this more than necessary. But you do realize this is a message board devoted to a college athletic program? And considering that, there just might be fans of college athletics on here?

If that bothers you to the point where you feel the need to create threads like this, maybe a simple Google search would find a place on the internet to discuss the NBA where more people feel like the same as you. Trust me, they are out there!

Joe's Kansas City is a famous BBQ place here in Kansas City. I wouldn't show up there and start talking about how great it is to be vegetarian and expect the audience to be very receptive to my argument.

What are you going to say when over the last 3 series off the playoffs GS-Houston/Boston-Cleveland/Finals its all blowouts and there are only 2-3 close games overall?

That said a good game in the NBA is excellent.

I went to Game 2 of Celtics-Philly and it was phenomenal knew it would be close after Game 1 was lopsided. Have similar feelings about tonight. The games at 830 I don't think I'll make plans to go with friends tonight due to price I'm not spending 400 to wait for someone to give me 200 back but I will probably hop on a train solo at 8 and try to snag a single ticket for 100-150 and take note of the best pink dot seats on ticketmaster that haven't sold to sneak down into. Smart phone tickets are great ushers can't be hardasses checking tix when they are all on phones. The guy in front of me threw the beer at LeBron after game 6 of 2012 ECFs. He wasn't cool and was being annoying all game.

Guys this Jim Boeheim fella doesn't know sht anout college basketball. He only wins because he gets all the recruits. And he picks his nose.

meh. I havent watched an nba game in 5 years. Just doesnt do anything for me
Only 5? For me it's probably 30-35 years. I even do everything I can to avoid channel surfing past a game.

Only 5? For me it's probably 30-35 years. I even do everything I can to avoid channel surfing past a game.
I miss the NBA of the 1980's and early to mid 90's. Probably post 1998 I really stopped watching and the last 5 years or more I havent paid attention at all.

Good thing. Given the pace NBA games are played at Id imagine the average Hoo would be dead of a coronary by the third quarter.
The pace is secondary to the idea that playing "matador defense" would be an improvement over whatever it is they do now.

Wow people get touchy...

I've been a college hoops fan since the 80s. Back in the ugly NBA 90s I thought college was a much better game than the NBA but then in the last 1o years or so college has gotten ugly and NBA has embraced space and pace and is a better product. My point with this post wasn't to insult college hoops fans, its to point put there is a better way of playing the sport then white knuckling, dragging every possession to the end, games in the 60s.

And with that I'll go away till the next hoops season... sheesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom