Today Dino needs to be locked up | Syracusefan.com

Today Dino needs to be locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmahaCuse

Starter
This is when other schools are coming after him if they have not already. SU needs to lock him up today. Not all about the money but rule that piece out. Need a announcement to keep recruiting and momentum going strong, IMO.

brain.gif

I dont see John Wildhack messing this up. It could possibly happen but I trust hes going to do everything he can to give him what he wants. As far as talking higher ups to Pay Dino and staff. I have faith. And as far as other teams signing Dino. I am confident we most likely will keep him. Football is undefeated in the Dome. Why would you invest all this money and not pay the proven coach and staff more money? We arent talking a hundred million dollars. Dino might lose a couple guys, maybe even a high profile guy. But he had a great year with losing what's his name to Kent State? And a lot of people thought he was a top coach.

$4mm for him and $4mm for his staff would put him in the 20-25 range. Not top dollar but definitely “fair” given the level of security that Cuse typically provides relative to the top 10 schools who pay $5mm+

Also, get the housing and nutrition/chef etc deal dialed in along with the Dome Reno and what more would he need?

Also if we keep having this level of success I could see the 2nd/3rd phases of the Dome Reno coming closer to the ideal scenario since fundraising will undoubtably pick up over the next 3-5 yrs.

For reference I think it was Dabo’s 6th year that they got in the playoffs and they built their ridiculous facility 2 years later (not saying we will ever have (or need) that level of facility, just showing a timeline between success and fundraising)

What does everyone think the dollar amount will have to be to make Dino stay, and what do you think we offer?

I think it has to be $4m. I would hope that shouldn't be a problem. Also, think commitments need to be made for upgrading facilities.

What does everyone think the dollar amount will have to be to make Dino stay, and what do you think we offer?

I think it has to be $4m. I would hope that shouldn't be a problem. Also, think commitments need to be made for upgrading facilities.

And what for the assistants? I think skibum nails it. About 4 and 4 with a commitment to faciities like the housing. Breaking ground this summer type stuff.

And what for the assistants? I think skibum nails it. About 4 and 4 with a commitment to faciities like the housing. Breaking ground this summer type stuff.

Same. Actually think locking up assistant salary pool would be more important than his salary bump. 4 and 4 is very reasonable. If we can't come up with that then we don't belong playing big boy football. We have seen what it's like to not have a winning HC, and now see the difference with someone who can do the job. This is a no brainer. I have faith we don't F this up.

Babers is at P5 school that he has spent all this effort turning around with that is set for a high level run the next two to three years. Next years schedule is very manageable and show down with the second best program in the sport that he has split 1-1 with an aggregate score of 50-51.

His non coaching responsibilities are minimal. He is at a stable institution that has the right managers and culture.

Why would he leave now for a disaster like Lville?

I would say 4.5 to Dino and four to asst. packing the dome and all will help to pay plus tv rights.

this feels right, does anyone have a guess of how much more that is per year more than we are playing now? 2 million more a year? Not my money but it seems like a bargain to keep the program going forward.

Guys! Haven't you heard? According to a BC blogger, he has sources that confirm Louisville be announcing a huge contract for Babers tomorrow! We're doooomeeed, I tell yah. Doomed.

There’s a Louisville recruiting guy who has been beating the Babers-to-Louisville drum for a while now and has only been getting louder.

There’s a Louisville recruiting guy who has been beating the Babers-to-Louisville drum for a while now and has only been getting louder.
It's funny, because on the other recruiting site the List is Brohm... maybe Fickel... everyone else.

Lovie Smith extended, Helton confirmed its all shaking out now. Don’t see Babers going to Louisville, Texas Tech maybe they have a great QB that got hurt early season

This is when other schools are coming after him if they have not already. SU needs to lock him up today. Not all about the money but rule that piece out. Need a announcement to keep recruiting and momentum going strong, IMO.

Louisville will pay him triple of what SU is paying him.

The best part is all of the fan replies I have read on their board are so negative to Dino talk. Dino wants no part of going to a stupid fan base. LOL

I am trying to detect if there is sarcasm in here? If so, my apologies, if not there is zero chance.
I'm also going with this hot take. That will never happen! Unreal and crazy to think that would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom