Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT | Syracusefan.com

Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT

Big Ten

How will the coaches' messages impact Big Ten presidents, who meet again Tuesday morning and likely will vote on the fall season? The presidents could stick with their initial plan to postpone all fall sports until 2021, an option that clearly wouldn't sit well with coaches, players and fans. Or they could push back the start of the football season a few weeks and see how practices and the repopulating of campuses impact the landscape.

Pac-12
The Pac-12 CEO group, which is made up of a president or chancellor from each of the 12 universities, will have a meeting Tuesday during which it is expected to vote on how to proceed with football and the rest of the fall sports.

SEC
The SEC is digging its heels in, at least for now, and that's despite what the Big Ten, Pac-12 or anybody else decides about the 2020 college football season. For months, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey has said the league will use all of the time it can to make any decisions about the fall and gather as much information as possible from medical officials. Sankey was sounding a similar theme Monday amid all the reports of different conferences shutting it down this fall.

ACC
To be sure, everyone is watching what happens with the Big Ten, but the talk out of the ACC suggests any movement toward cancellation will come independently of other leagues. ACC athletic directors met Monday morning and did not alter their current plan for the fall season.

Big 12
No decisions have been made by the Big 12 to this point, but league officials will meet on Tuesday, starting with the athletic directors, followed by the conference's board of directors.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw Frost wanted to play, but I figured since no one here or in the media called it out immediately it might not be an issue.
1597153572259.gif

when the Big10 cancels will / can we get any of their kids to transfer in here. should be eligible to play immediately.

Nebraska will play BYU, Army and then hope it can get Big XII teams to make them their plus 1.

Kansas/Kansas State/Iowa State/Oklahoma/Oklahoma State.

Like Nick Saban said, the football players are safer in their virus regimen than are the general students on campus who are partying
If it's not safe for the players, the colleges should send the student home where they will have no supervision.

as much as we want to see fball.. if you cant do more testing then pushing to spring is really the only option.. by spring even without a vaccine they will have much better testing as that improves weekly right now.

shorten the season to 8-10 games play it feb-april and then push fall ball to oct and hope for the best.

So the SEC doctors see nothing wrong with playing but the PAC-12 doctors think playing could be catastrophic.
WT(((F)))) is it.

My god medical opinions shouldn’t be this divided.

Last edited:
It's funny, right now I'm against a Spring football season, as I imagine most of you are. It's unnatural, unprecedented and smacks of Christmas in July. But if they cancel Fall football, I can see myself start to evolve on the issue: "Hmmm, I wonder when the Spring games are going to start? Might not be a bad idea. I mean we do have Spring practice anyway. What's wrong with a little 11 game schedule."

So the SEC doctors see nothing wrong with playing but the PAC-12 doctors think playing could be catastrophic.
WT(((F)))) is it.

My god medical opinions shouldn’t be this divided.
so it seems, truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom