Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT

I assume there won't be a playoff/bowl season this year. If the SEC/ACC/B12 push on with a season in the fall, the season ends after they crown conference champion? Or do they do a mini-tourney at the end of the season amongst top finishers?
There was never going to be bowl games or a playoff no matter what anybody said. They were just playing games for TV money...lol

I assume there won't be a playoff/bowl season this year. If the SEC/ACC/B12 push on with a season in the fall, the season ends after they crown conference champion? Or do they do a mini-tourney at the end of the season amongst top finishers?
I mean, nothing really changes aside from Ohio State losing to Clemson or an SEC team in the CFP.

You can't compare safety conditions from Europe with their relatively low per-capita infection rate is to put absurdly high per-capita infection rate. If we had taken this seriously in spring like Europe did, we would be getting ready for football in 3 weeks.

You can do exactly that if you follow the exact same guidelines and pull them from the general population for and after testing. That's exactly the precedent I was referring to as being a blue print for success. At that point whatever transpires outside that protected world is a non factor.

Caveat, of course, is if the players are ok living that existence. Far be it from me to ever have my desire to watch Syracuse football to have any players that aren't comfortable feel pressured into any scenario. That said, IF the team/s want to play the season, it can 100% be done. End game it's about the players and they should be left to decide what outcome they feel is just.

Very likely there won't be a bowl season.

Pac 12 being cancelled was a given. Their players were in the process of unionizing.
Exactly! B1G and PAC are just breaking the unions before they get up and running. I predict there won't be any sports for these conferences this year as long as the union threat persists.

They don't need unions in the $EC, the players are already compen$ated well

There was never going to be bowl games or a playoff no matter what anybody said. They were just playing games for TV money...lol

There is plenty of TV money available in a playoff. If they got through a full season they would for sure have a playoff.

Brought to you by the doctors who spent 50 years claiming there was no link between smoking tobacco and cancer. :rolleyes:

Looks legit to me.

camels_doctors_choice.jpg

There is plenty of TV money available in a playoff. If they got through a full season they would for sure have a playoff.
Playoff games at a neutral site with no fans was never going to happen. I mean they can say it would have but no way that was going to happen.

To be fair, every major soccer league has/had resumed play successfully months ago. If the players, coaches and staff test clean prior to entry and are kept secluded and play in empty stadiums there is already precedent set on how to successfully acheive this.
So, we're saying football will take its lead from soccer? My how the tables have turned...

Anyone see this article that highlights the ACC and SEC supporting the organization of their athletes? Looks like they are not only ok with it but are fully supporting letting the kids have the right to organize (organization doesn’t have to be unionization)

FB452A84-1C0B-45CE-AC05-5094939F4F32.jpeg

016F450A-7A77-489D-9F40-23D88353FBBA.jpeg

[
2AE26E7F-41F7-463D-9F16-0F5146F079DD.jpeg

Bummer for many about the postponement in fall. But tough decisions for sure.

Some spectators I’ve seen really disagree with it especially if kids are on campus for in person campus anyway.

You can do exactly that if you follow the exact same guidelines and pull them from the general population for and after testing. That's exactly the precedent I was referring to as being a blue print for success. At that point whatever transpires outside that protected world is a non factor.

Caveat, of course, is if the players are ok living that existence. Far be it from me to ever have my desire to watch Syracuse football to have any players that aren't comfortable feel pressured into any scenario. That said, IF the team/s want to play the season, it can 100% be done. End game it's about the players and they should be left to decide what outcome they feel is just.
Soccer leagues aren't being played in a bubble. They are relying on player responsibility and the general low infection rates in Europe to avoid outbreaks. Because Europe has managed coronavirus the plan has worked... we. could have nice things too if 40%. of the population wasn't bunch of selfish people.

Anyone see this article that highlights the ACC and SEC supporting the organization of their athletes? Looks like they are not only ok with it but are fully supporting letting the kids have the right to organize (organization doesn’t have to be unionization)

View attachment 185756
View attachment 185757

[View attachment 185758
Yes. Posted in the opt out thread. The 1st thing in every letter is eligibility. Dabo said he could see player compensation-based on graduation within the last week.

Our season is going to get cancelled real soon.

ACC Presidents and Chancellors are meeting tomorrow.

After the B1G and PAC decisions today, it's looking pretty ominous.

Some spectators I’ve seen really disagree with it especially if kids are on campus for in person campus anyway.

Kids are on campus and still practicing at schools that have already cancelled their seasons. By doing so the universities are saying it is too risky to play a three hour game vs another school but ok to go to class, be on campus, and practice with your own teammates. It logically makes little sense. If games are being shutdown so should practice and classes.

If its not safe for players, it is not safe for students. Personally, I feel students on campus makes the whole thing uncontrollable.

Canceling has just as much to do with players willing to stand up with a unified voice. Too big a threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom