Tom Brady | Syracusefan.com

Tom Brady

Toga

Living Legend
th

Did the NFL outsource this investigation to the NCAA? Thursday and no one's talked to Brady about it.

Keystone Kops

Honesty, and this sounds crazy, even if they DIDNT do it, they should have just said oops we messed up and deflated them too much I'll pay $275k and on our merry way

Still think that admiring ballboy is going to step forward at the right, properly staged moment, and take responsibility (and get his free college scholarship)

I love how Belichick threw him under the bus earlier. "I don't know anything about it. Tom likes his balls a certain way."

Brady's even a Michigan guy and I can't stand him.

Tom Brady just dropped an ISIS line you got company Scott Shafer.

I wish the media would grill Barack Obama or any politician with 1/100 the intensity they are coming after Brady.
Such a freakin d1ckhead.

Didn't say he was upset that he was being blamed.

Didn't demand his name to be cleared.

Didn't show outrage he had to deal with stuff.

Just isis and bullspit.

Fn loser who has to cheat to win.

Pathetic.

No HOF for him.

Not sure why everybody hates Brady. Other than probably jealousy.

Only of his hair options.

Attachments

• 30_1n_007_rings1--300x300.jpg
    30_1n_007_rings1--300x300.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 136
I don't think much will come out of this except for specific rules about inflation and documented penalties for purposely breaking them.

I envision a guy with a Jiffy Lube outfit and a pressure gauge being part of the referee crew each game.

Thanks Millhouse. I agree the Pats and Brady cheated the rules. I think the crime was a misdeamnor minor penalty but the fact all 3 nightly news shows led with this case just shows how stupid our society has become.
Fine Brady and let's move on. I can't believe the news spent 11 minutes on deflategate and the resignation of the Yemen president a state full of terrorists only got 2 minutes of coverage.

This contraversry is crazy. Anybody who doesn't say it's cheating are homers. The Pats cheated yes, but it was the QB not the freaking coach.

Thanks Millhouse. I agree the Pats and Brady cheated the rules. I think the crime was a misdeamnor minor penalty but the fact all 3 nightly news shows led with this case just shows how stupid our society has become.
Fine Brady and let's move on. I can't believe the news spent 11 minutes on deflategate and the resignation of the Yemen president a state full of terrorists only got 2 minutes of coverage.

This contraversry is crazy. Anybody who doesn't say it's cheating are homers. The Pats cheated yes, but it was the QB not the freaking coach.
how did it go? they asked 'are you a cheater?' and he basically said, 'well, i dont think i am...'

holy smokes, hes a cheater.

his whole career is tarnished. i dont think hes ever done anything without cheating.

barry bonds has a HOF career before roids to fall back on.

brady has cheated from the get-go.

loser.
bradying.jpg

UH we don't share the same conclusion.

I wouldn't say that's it. They've been "caught" cheating 2x. As someone said they must be horrible cheaters to be caught every time they cheat (or, ahem, misunderstand the rules).

No, this is being made a bigger deal because it is a big deal. The NFL is what, a $12B business or something? Not to mention the ancillary local revenues generated each game weekend, not to mention all the gambling and travel and etc etc?

Let's say that's a $20B total impact. Certainly, small relative to a $15T overall economy, but not insignificant.

And the very integrity of the game is called into question. Up to now, only die-hard Bills fans (and maybe Jets fans) were likely onto the unequal playing field that has driven the performance of this dominant franchise for so long. Now the rest of the country is getting that sense. The Tuck Rule, the No-Tackle Brady Rule, on a base level people could understand those, but...

YES, they have superior mgmt and coaching, that is undoubtedly true. But stuff that only maniac fans of divisional rivals would note have been going on for years: the 1H penalty differentials that definitively favor the Patriots that get "evened out" in the 2H when the game is in hand so the end-result numbers don't show anything. (the absurd Unsportsmanlike penalty on the Bills for slapping his teammates' helmets after a big sack, for example, in the first half of this season's first game).

As I've said before, the NFL better be careful. It was a grand bargain to lift everyone's value, line everyone's pockets for the last 15 years, and it worked (driving the success to tent-pole franchises who could deliver big ratings on National Television). But now that's slowing down...the players' contracts aren't guaranteed...RB's life expectancy in the league is 2- 3 years on a losing team...the TV contracts HAVE to be peaking out, they're basically on every night of the weak they can expand to...the players are increasingly realizing they're suffering debilitating consequences for this stuff, and I'm sure that's leading to all of this.

How did the Colts and Ravens know the balls were under-inflated? I'd check the rosters for ex-Patriots.

That's always the tricky part about assuming conspiracies? Why wouldn't SOMEONE break the line? Well, when it's all going up, it's easy to keep it together. When the knitting starts to fray, the incentives get differently aligned.

UH we don't share the same conclusion.
I didn't think so. I was saying thank you because what you posted shows the Giants and Hostelier doctored the balls in Super Bowl 25. Which leads to believe this stuff happens all the time and because NE has a reputation earned from past cheating makes this minor thing get overblown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom