Tommy has to start vs NC State. | Syracusefan.com

Tommy has to start vs NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the FSU tape and the UNC tape I don't see how Dino can sell to the fanbase or the team that Dungey is the right QB

If Babers goes with Dungey and NC State, then I'm not sure what to say...

I will not hear arguments on this. Offense is night and day.
I think this is the right time. Eric just doesn't look like the same guy out there. Devito was decisive, and that ball just zips out of his hand. Gets the ball to the receivers quicker, so even if the separation isn't great, the ball is flying in there to help the receivers make easier catches. His deep ball is also very, very good.

I'll be honest, I feel genuinely bad for Eric right now.

But yes, I think Tommy should be the guy going forward.

Eric Dungey was the ONLY reason this team wasnt embarassingly bad in offense MANY weeks over the last 3 seasons. And I respect the hell out of him. But something is wrong, and its something that his heart can no longer compensate for. Its Tommy time.

Yup. No question. Keys of the game, IMO.

1. Tommy and Tommy attacking their backup/frosh corner(s)
2. UNC play calling. Some of their play calls on 3rd down were mind boggling trying trickery. Their athletes on offense were killing us just playing straight ball. 1-on-1 situations we couldn’t handle them.

That TD throw to Nykiem and the Custis catch were both money!

With Tommy all the sudden our OL was better and our "playmakers" made plays. And that spark carried over to the defensive side of the ball...

On defense I did see some different LBs in during OT. Something to keep an eye on.

The difference in ball speed on those short outs is just night and day. Not to mention the touch on the deep throws.

Not too bad on the Hail Mary throwing the ball 50 yards in the air without really being able to fully step into the throw either.

DeVito simply has to start. There should be no argument. I think everyone feels bad for Dungey, but that's how it goes. He could actually turn into a really great weapon as a Wildcat and for trick plays if they can set up some packages for him over the next few weeks where he could be used at RB or WR...

We owe a lot to Dungey, but we owe it to the entire team to start the guy who gives them the best chance to win every week. It's clear who that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom