Tomorrow - Expectations | Syracusefan.com

Tomorrow - Expectations

CuseCactus

All Conference
Bored at work - thought I'd throw this out there...

What's the Board reaction if the boys lose by 20 - but the score is 56 - 36? Or 62 - 42? In other words, an exciting, shoot out type game with Syracuse fading at the end - and not covering the spread.

Personally - I'll take it and be very happy for the future.

Alternatively, I won't be happy if the team loses 30 - 10 with the offense getting dominated at the LOS.

2012-4-7-Petrino.jpg

If Otto takes the field on a motorcycle tomorrow, like he use to do 2-3 seasons ago...they can lose by 100, I won't care.

2012-4-7-Petrino.jpg

If Otto takes the field on a motorcycle tomorrow, like he use to do 2-3 seasons ago...they can lose by 100, I won't care.
That picture must be getting old/annoying to the Louisville fans. But it cracks me up everytime. Syracuse should have this up on the replay screen throughout the game - after each syracuse 1st down/score.

If it is a well played game on both sides of the ball, limit the bonehead mistakes, play hard for 4 quarters, and I'll be happy. It's game 2 of the Dino area against a top 20 team I want this win badly, but will be happy with what I said happens.

1) Despite lip service talking up Colgate, I think Dino knew that his system of offense is particularly effective against less talented teams and was not worried about losing to Colgate. Because of this, I think Syracuse kept it very, very basic on offense.

2) I expect to see a more open playbook and, hopefully, an incrementally faster pace as the offense has had one game under its belt

3) I still expect a bumpy road on offense, as Louisville is a big step up athletically on defense, and the offense is not yet second nature to the players. I think there will be high highs and some low lows. I expect Syracuse to continue to be aggressive and play to win rather than not to lose, which - on its own regardless of outcome - will fill me with joy and optimism for the future.

4) I liked the tackling and angles the defense showed last week. While Louisville - again - is a step up athletically, if the defense keeps everything in front of them and doesn't lose contain on the edge rush, I think the defense can frustrate Jackson. Louisville will be able to move the ball, but I think if Syracuse forces them to be disciplined in accepting smaller chunks of yardage and forcing them to execute a string of plays in a row, then Jackson's accuracy and decision making will be put to the test.

Louisville is deeper and has more talented athletes. If Syracuse is competitive and fades down the stretch, I'd be very encouraged. I do agree with Scooch though, in the sense that this is Game 2 and that I won't be shaken much no matter what the outcome.

2012-4-7-Petrino.jpg

*With a cheerleader on the back.

That picture must be getting old/annoying to the Louisville fans. But it cracks me up everytime. Syracuse should have this up on the replay screen throughout the game - after each syracuse 1st down/score.
A big head sign or two in the student section will also work..

I think we have nothing to lose and that Louisville has tons to lose and will be looking ahead to FSU. We were the only team they rolled last year in conference play; they remember and don't prep as hard as they could. They also mistake our fast pace with the other teams they've played.

- our run game will come alive as they run nickel too much; after the half we start to drop things over the top

- while Jackson is great, we keep him in the pocket most of the time and force him into a two INT game

- their offense is still so potent we need a late score to seal it in a really high scoring game

- Dungey and the WR's continue to put up gaudy numbers

I expect better than last year. Been pondering that game, and last season, quite a bit over the past few days. More I think on it, the more I am convinced that the biggest obstacle we faced last year was the coaching. This game, I'll be expecting better from HCDB. I'm sure he and his staff won't disappoint.

I think we lose like 40-28

We can score some points, but it's only game 2 in this system, and they're facing a really good team. As long as we show improvement week by week, I'll be satisfied. The offense is fast, but the overhaul takes patience.

No expectations. I want to see a game plan that makes sense, an organized sideline and want the team to play hard. The style of play can lead to victory but it can also let the game get completely away from us if we don't pick up first downs.

1) ...

4) I liked the tackling and angles the defense showed last week. While Louisville - again - is a step up athletically, if the defense keeps everything in front of them and doesn't lose contain on the edge rush, I think the defense can frustrate Jackson. Louisville will be able to move the ball, but I think if Syracuse forces them to be disciplined in accepting smaller chunks of yardage and forcing them to execute a string of plays in a row, then Jackson's accuracy and decision making will be put to the test.

Good point. It is a big opportunity for SU, but a big challenge. I like the offense, but can we score in bunches against Louisville, after posting only 3 TDs and stalling in the red zone vs Colgate? Need to avoid sacks and miscues. The defense needs to contain Jackson and the Louisville rushing attack. This SU defense is better than what we had last season -- maybe we can win the turnover battle.

Good point. It is a big opportunity for SU, but a big challenge. I like the offense, but can we score in bunches against Louisville, after posting only 3 TDs and stalling in the red zone vs Colgate? Need to avoid sacks and miscues. The defense needs to contain Jackson and the Louisville rushing attack. This SU defense is better than what we had last season -- maybe we can win the turnover battle.
This game will turn on our offense moving the ball and scoring, if our offense does well we will be in the game, if we have turnovers or are consistently three and out we will probably lose big. I think the offense will do well, predict relatively close game with SU winning in 4th Q.

Otto on a Harley wearing a giant neckbrace with a blonde mannequin, he lays the bike down on the turf and the mannequin falls off in front of the Louis Ville bench.

If we have to lose, we'll have a lot more fun losing in a shoot out. Plus, if we prove we can score against Louisville that bodes very well for the rest of the season.

That said, I think we can win this. I think the staff and players believe that too.

Dungey's Heisman campaign continues tomorrow.

I expect Bobby P to be aggressive and go for the jugular to silence the crowd. I'm not expecting a passive plan on his part. He's not the type to take pity, either.