Tonight In East Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Tonight In East Syracuse

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Ran into a bunch of old Syracuse University Football players at Vito's.

Many of you will not remember these guys, but they played for some very good Orange squads in the mid to late 1960s - Paul Paolisso, Cliff Ensley, Bob Rust, Pat Killorin, and a bunch of others.

Let's Go Orange!

Many of you will not remember these guys, but they played for some very good Orange squads in the mid to late 1960s - Paul Paolisso, Cliff Ensley, Bob Rust, Pat Killorin, and a bunch of others.

Let's Go Orange!
Cliff J Ensley?! Does he know there’s a big ole building named after him!

Let's Go Orange!

Vito’s is very good.

Let's Go Orange!
Slightly before my time as a fan, but I can relate to the fun historical perspective to run into players you used to watch and even idolize as a youth. For me it would be guys like Tommy Myers, Joe Ehrmann and Roger Praetorius. Great memories from Ancient Archie!

Attachments

• Archbold.jpg
    Archbold.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Im at Vito’s weekly. The staff’s wonderful and their bar remodeling was perfect. Love the East Syracuse restaurants and their character/hospitality.

Saying a bad thing about Tony’s is fighting words

Let's Go Orange!
I lived on the same dorm floor with QB Paolisso one year. We called him "friendly Paul". What is he up to now?

Im at Vito’s weekly. The staff’s wonderful and their bar remodeling was perfect. Love the East Syracuse restaurants and their character/hospitality.

Saying a bad thing about Tony’s is fighting words
The Bar remodeling is perfect. Makes a huge difference in the place.

Got to try the roasted peppers and potatoes.

I had Vito’s chicken riggies at the Italian Festival today. Turrible. The pasta wasn’t even rigatoni and the sauce was chef boy ar Dee quality.

Yeah was that the same Vito’s as the one in East Syracuse? I agree, what they called chicken riggies that they were serving at Italian Fest was an abomination. Pretty sure it wasn’t even rigatoni but ziti. Flavorless diced chicken and topped with some kind of cream sauce. It was what I’d expect if I ordered chicken riggies at a hospital. This Irish guy raised on meat and potatoes could make a better batch of riggies in my sleep.

The problem is this experience has turned me off going to Vitos. Not a very good first impression for someone who hasn’t been there yet. Why wouldn’t serve their A game? My wife is completely jaded now
I had a really good chicken marsala dish at Vito’s on Friday

Let's Go Orange!

Pat was a first team All-American center who cleared the way for Jim Nance, Floyd Little and Larry Csonka. He's in the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame at Driver's Village.

OIP.0XrTxOeM5-J0vfIuNcANJAAAAA

The problem is this experience has turned me off going to Vitos. Not a very good first impression for someone who hasn’t been there yet. Why wouldn’t serve their A game? My wife is completely jaded now
Well the Italian fest is basically just catered food as snd not fresh out of the kitchen. I always thought the pastries were much better at the Italian fest than the actually food items. Most of the menu items aren’t interesting, would much rather go to the actual restaurant.