Tonight is an example of where streaming fails | Syracusefan.com

Tonight is an example of where streaming fails

upperdeck

Living Legend
Say you are an NFL/Mets fan with 1 tv in the living room.. years ago you could have switched back and forth watching both games.. Now you have to open and change apps 50 times..

Not a me issue but it sure would have pissed off my Dad if he was still around.

My Oldest kids are nascar/bills fans. just trying to change channels on Youtube tv frustrates them let alone if the app requires changing.

I refuse to add prime to watch the game

I have fubo (for three months) and peacock, paramount plus, Hulu, Disney, Netflix. Not adding another
Yeah I got YouTubeTV, Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ and whenever people tell me about a great show it's gonna streaming service I don't subscribe to, so... not going there.

Say you are an NFL/Mets fan with 1 tv in the living room.. years ago you could have switched back and forth watching both games.. Now you have to open and change apps 50 times..

My Oldest kids are nascar/bills fans. just trying to change channels on Youtube tv frustrates them let alone if the app requires changing.
I put the game that I am least interested in on my laptop and watch the more important one on tv. Problem solved!

I put the game that I am least interested in on my laptop and watch the more important one on tv. Problem solved!

Don't forget - you can buy an HDMI cable and connect the laptop stream to your TV set. I have computers connected to every TV in my house, and we can watch literally anything, anywhere.

If my dad was still around, he'd still try to get up and turn the dial on the TV.

We're in the era of multiple TVs on a wall or iPad on the coffee table.

My iPad works for this

Yeah this isn't something I'm gonna multiple click to do.

However the Sunday Ticket on streaming would be fine (for me). Put on the Giants nad leave it for three hours.

My old TV still has picture in picture (or split into two half screen). It is the last Samsung TV having this feature. Sometimes I want to see two sources at the same time, it becomes handy.

Yep, the user experience on streaming isn’t up to standards of anything else we do these days. I guess I’m old now but it’s frustrating. Cable and fiber tv has such a clean interface for guides, switching channels, dvring, pausing/ff/rw etc. Either someone will figure out how to aggregate the steaming services effectively (making it a better version of cable) or the services will die off over time.

TMI!
iB5xwIJ.gif

I refuse to add prime to watch the game

I have fubo (for three months) and peacock, paramount plus, Hulu, Disney, Netflix. Not adding another
Question because of what I do in life, would you be more willing to pick up additional services if you could use them all in the same app? Like if you could choose the streams all in one guide like cable, or is it just the frustration with mounting costs?

That's the advantage of streaming you don't need a TV
Laptop
Desktop
Cell Phone
Tablet
I don't don't think I know anyone that doesn't have at least two plus of those combo of devices in their house

My living room home theater system is a computer. I built my HTPC just because of the era we live in of all the streaming services. Very easy to navigate, if the streaming service doesn't have an app on Windows you simply go to the website and create bookmarks so all your streaming services are all in one area. Love it.

Yep, the user experience on streaming isn’t up to standards of anything else we do these days. I guess I’m old now but it’s frustrating. Cable and fiber tv has such a clean interface for guides, switching channels, dvring, pausing/ff/rw etc. Either someone will figure out how to aggregate the steaming services effectively (making it a better version of cable) or the services will die off over time.
DirectStream from AT&T is a streaming service with the DirectTV menuing and feel … works like a champ

Yeah this isn't something I'm gonna multiple click to do.

However the Sunday Ticket on streaming would be fine (for me). Put on the Giants nad leave it for three hours.

Come on grandpa, get 3 TVs on that wall. (I don't have multiple TVs on the wall, pretty sure I'd find all my stuff outside if I tried it).

Getting Sunday Ticket away from DirecTV will be a welcomed change. I'm a red zone addict now, but I'd prefer to watch an entire Bills game from the comfort of home on a Sunday.

That's the advantage of streaming you don't need a TV
Laptop
Desktop
Cell Phone
Tablet
I don't don't think I know anyone that doesn't have at least two plus of those combo of devices in their house
I work in tech and football is by far the sport the techies I work with follow the most.. Of the lets say 8-10 of them that we talk football with, not one of them has 2 tvs in their TV room and none of them watch Tv and then stream on another device. they think I am nuts cause i have 5-6-7 Tvs in my TV room going at a time.. But if I had a to watch a 2nd game on a laptop or cell phone while watching one on TV I wouldnt do it. Those are for when stranded in a car or at a game.

Partly though for me is that I watch Tv without glasses and I have to use glasses to see half of whats on my phone. My phone is for betting not streaming..

Come on grandpa, get 3 TVs on that wall. (I don't have multiple TVs on the wall, pretty sure I'd find all my stuff outside if I tried it).

Getting Sunday Ticket away from DirecTV will be a welcomed change. I'm a red zone addict now, but I'd prefer to watch an entire Bills game from the comfort of home on a Sunday.

You don't want to be that 50 year old walking around Old Town with a Joe Ferguson jersey on Sundays? There's hope yet...

I don't like TV that much.

when Sunday ticket goes to streaming it will be a sad day for me.. Do we really know if they will allow multiple games to be streamed? if you have the streaming sunday ticket package now you can only watch 1 game at a time. people may well find that the same going forward.. Nothing better than watching 3-4-5 games at a time with my Directv.

My living room home theater system is a computer. I built my HTPC just because of the era we live in of all the streaming services. Very easy to navigate, if the streaming service doesn't have an app on Windows you simply go to the website and create bookmarks so all your streaming services are all in one area. Love it.
This sounds a great idea. Can I ask for a breakdown of the parts you Used for the build.