Tonight's decision could have much larger influence on future Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Tonight's decision could have much larger influence on future Recruiting

dinno28

Scout Team
If NN picks SU tonight it could go a long way in how prospects in the class of 2013-2015 perceive Syracuse. It would go a long way in erasing the damage caused by the multiple scandals this year. I'm sure that negative recruiting is at an all time high when it comes to our program.

If NN picks SU tonight it could go a long way in how prospects in the class of 2013-2015 perceive Syracuse. It would go a long way in erasing the damage caused by the multiple scandals this year. I'm sure that negative recruiting is at an all time high when it comes to our program.
yes this would be huge in terms of showing the BF and pot scandal had 0 effect on the program

yes this would be huge in terms of showing the BF and pot scandal had 0 effect on the program
I'd like to think going 34-3 and getting a 1 seed did a pretty nice job of that already.

I'd like to think going 34-3 and getting a 1 seed did a pretty nice job of that already.
True, but our team was already assembled at that point. This could be big in terms of how recruits and, maybe just as importantly, their parents feel about this program right now :noidea:

Noel is a luxury item, an outlier . . . his recruitment is in a separate universe from normal recruiting.

Watch the class of 2013 to see if SU has been effected by the scandals (and, to a lesser degree, by the unknown but certainly approaching date of JB's departure). While NN is a luxury item that Syracuse will do quite well with or without, quality guards in the class of 2013 are an absolute necessity. Tyler Ennis tells you more about the health of recruiting and the future of the program than Nerlens Noel does.

Noel is a luxury item, an outlier . . . his recruitment is in a separate universe from normal recruiting.

Watch the class of 2013 to see if SU has been effected by the scandals (and, to a lesser degree, by the unknown but certainly approaching date of JB's departure). While NN is a luxury item that Syracuse will do quite well without, quality guards in the class of 2013 are an absolute necessity. Tyler Ennis tells you more about the health of recruiting and the future of the program than Nerlens Noel does.
Ennis and Rondae Jefferson would be a nice get for 2013

I would too. But I've been trying to convince myself of that for weeks and I'm not buying it.

44cuse

Getting Noel and winning the NC next year would be a huge boost.