Tonights twitter rumor | Syracusefan.com

Tonights twitter rumor

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
TCU, Cincy, Lville, WVU to B12.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be in a conf with Texas... and I see tons of ACC posts on other boards hoping for texas to join. I just don't get it

I would believe UL, Cincy, TCU to the B 12, but not WVU I would believe BYU over WVU unless BYU stayed Indy which I highly doubt they will want to remain that long.

That would be ideal. Rutgers next conference-mates will be UMass, UAlbany, you get the picture.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be in a conf with Texas... and I see tons of ACC posts on other boards hoping for texas to join. I just don't get it

Got to be better than being in a conference with Depaul

I think though Rutgers would have a good shot at the B10 if they went to 14 or 16 - JoePa has mentioned them already. If those 4 BE teams leave for the Big 12 - whose left for the Big 10 to pick up that has any appeal in the East? Yes it's Rutgers in my opinion but they will be the doormat in the B10 year in and year out. Still not good for them.

I want ND to join the ACC, but only if the 16th isn't UConn or RU let them go to the MAC. We need the advantage in recruiting for a couple of years and with those 2 teams in a watered down New New Big East Syracuse will have the carrot in recruiting. I sincerely doubt the B-12 expands beyond 10 teams Texas and Oklahoma are against getting to 12 because they don't want to play the extra game plus if Texas and Oklahoma and even Okie State were all in the same division the other team would not likely be that good a team and 10 teams equals true round robin in football and basketball.

I think though Rutgers would have a good shot at the B10 if they went to 14 or 16 - JoePa has mentioned them already. If those 4 BE teams leave for the Big 12 - whose left for the Big 10 to pick up that has any appeal in the East? Yes it's Rutgers in my opinion but they will be the doormat in the B10 year in and year out. Still not good for them.
Big 10 will never expand unless it makes $$$$$$ RU won't create enough cash to justify there inclusion alone if Texas or ND came aboard they could be a warm body 14 or 16. However, RU isn't in NY even though they want to make themselves out to be a NYC team and since they aren't the B10 K for the BTN would have no effect on the 9 million people in NYC and getting the BTN on the basic tier. Also, the Big 10 is the most hesitant to expand because they don't want to water down their product and expansion would decrease all the annual trophy games within the Big 10. Think Minnesota wants Penn State or Rutgers on the schedule on a more consistent basis?

13 team league?

I thought the idea was to save money by making the conference a 10 team league with BYU?

and byu

13 team league?

I thought the idea was to save money by making the conference a 10 team league with BYU?

I just don't buy this rumor. But it should make the BE Presidents' meeting in DC this weekend kind of interesting.

Hey we're Syracuse. We don't need no artificial advantages to recruit over UConn or Rutgers. Cream rises to the top.

Let UConn in the ACC (forget Rutgers). We'll beat them in football and basketball (after Calhoun departs). We've had some dead time on the football side..but we do have tradition, and it looks like a coach and administration that are again interested in the potential that a decent football team can mean to this university. And I'm spelling potential with a $.

I see Texas as the troubling making hot girl all the guys want. TT, OU and Ok St are her semi hot friends. Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri and Baylor are also part of Texas' gang. They are the fat unsightly girls that get the beer and do the dirty work for the crew (Missouri is the smart one and Kansas the athletic one).

Texas is trying to get some other decent looking girls into her gang. BYU (the religious one), WVU (the wild one), UC, UL and TCU (the rich girl who drives Dad mad). Once they dump their friends and join the Texas gang, Texas and her semi-hot friends immediately dump their gang and join up with a gang of hot new friends on the West Side.

The story ends with the decent girls all getting tats, body piercings and addictions to crystal meth, to fit in with their new friends.

Makes sense that now the ACC is at 14 that the other conferences would want to do the same. Adding 5 takes the Big 12 to 14 and I would think that they also have a clause in their contract to renegotiate tv if teams are added as did the ACC. More teams gives them more leverage. Also the OK AD mentioned something about geographic continuity. Last time I looked KY touches OH, touches WV.

Hey we're Syracuse. We don't need no artificial advantages to recruit over UConn or Rutgers. Cream rises to the top.

Let UConn in the ACC (forget Rutgers). We'll beat them in football and basketball (after Calhoun departs). We've had some dead time on the football side..but we do have tradition, and it looks like a coach and administration that are again interested in the potential that a decent football team can mean to this university. And I'm spelling potential with a $.
I'm all for competition and may the best man win and all that...

Now, that being said, it's not just a coincidence that SU's football dark ages came at the same time as the rise of Rutgers, USF, and UConn football.

Those schools being major players makes our margin for error much smaller. I'm fine with the competition, but I won't shed a tear if they end up in a situation that pales in comparison to ours.

I just don't buy this rumor. But it should make the BE Presidents' meeting in DC this weekend kind of interesting.
Really hope the BE keeps it together.

Just add two solid TV market teams - get an assurance from the BCS and make a TV deal now.

Get it done BE!

Really hope the BE keeps it together.

Just add two solid TV market teams - get an assurance from the BCS and make a TV deal now.

Get it done BE!

Just out of curiosity...Why?

Just out of curiosity...Why?

Staying in the BE puts a cap on revenue for those schools' football programs. Generating less TV revenue than SU will give us a competitive advantage (assuming we re-invest in the program) that should translate to better recruiting. As many have said the longer schools like Yukon and RU whither on the vine, the better odds SU will be able to reassert NE dominance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom