Top 10 teams of all time??

albanycuse

Dion Waiters

Attachments

• BB7594B3-008A-4C33-9931-BF3C995EE3C1.jpeg
    BB7594B3-008A-4C33-9931-BF3C995EE3C1.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 331
running rebs.

1990's average margin of victory 29 points.

Last edited:
Hmmm, they chose the '85 Georgetown team that lost the NC game instead of the '84 team that won it.

Just imagine, if Thompson had told Ewing to goaltend one less shot in '82, maybe they win that one too and keep '82 UNC off this list.

I would have the 1996 Kentucky team on the list, as well as the 1999 Duke team that lost to UConn which is by far the best Duke team ever per SRS.

1996 Kentucky and 1990 UNLV should be on that list. And as much as it hurts, 04 UConn.

1996 Kentucky and 1990 UNLV should be on that list. And as much as it hurts, 04 UConn.

Uconn? Two really good players and a bunch of role players. They lost I think 6 games that year. Hardly an all time great team

Uconn? Two really good players and a bunch of role players. They lost I think 6 games that year. Hardly an all time great team

They had 6 NBA players on that team.

They had 6 NBA players on that team.

Name the three starters next to Gordon and Okafor. They were average college players. Let's cut the hyperbole of all time great teams. Ridiculous.

Rudy Gay, best role player of all time?
Gay actually wasn't on the 2004 team, he came in the following year.

You may be thinking of Villaneuva who was a "role" player on that team but played a decade in the NBA.

"I'm not a big Gay guy." -Rick Majerus, RIP

Gay actually wasn't on the 2004 team, he came in the following year.

You may be thinking of Villaneuva who was a "role" player on that team but played a decade in the NBA.

"I'm not a big Gay guy." -Rick Majerus, RIP

I had forgotten about that Majerus clip. I pulled it up on youtube just now. Steve Lavin couldn't hold in his laugh.

I was just going back and reading some old stuff from prior to the 90-91 season (NERD ALERT)

Anyway, I either A)didnt know or B) knew and forgot that initially the 91 UNLV team was going to have Ed'Obannon and Shon Tarver; but when it looked like UNLV wasn't going to be eligible for the tournament they ended up going to UCLA.

O'Bannon got hurt and redshirted, and Tarver was a bit player for UCLA that year (about 19 MPG) and th UNLV team was loaded of course, but I wonder how much better they are with those 2. (For sake of the argument O'Bannon doesn't get hurt at UNLV, why not, we're all friends here)

Name the three starters next to Gordon and Okafor. They were average college players. Let's cut the hyperbole of all time great teams. Ridiculous.

Lol those guys were drafted #2 and #3 overall that year. Of course everyone else is going to be a role player. Clearly was their best team.

Lol those guys were drafted #2 and #3 overall that year. Of course everyone else is going to be a role player. Clearly was their best team.

That does not make them an all time top 10 team. It's a ridiculous argument. Tell me are Denham Brown etc star players if they are not playing with Gordon and Okafor? Not even close. They were role players because that was their max ability.

A very good team yes. Lost 6 games. Hardly great. Not close to a top 10 ALL TIME team. It's not even worth debate. SU has had more talented teams, just didn't win it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom