Top 5 buzzer beaters of Boeheim era

Eric15

Living Legend
1. Cipolla vs. Georgia, 1996
2. Last night
3. Pearl vs. BC, 1984
4. Ryan Blackwell BET vs. St Johns, 1998
5. GMac vs. Georgetown, 2004

Agree? Disagree? I know the older guys will be offended that I dropped Pearl to #3 but I think last night's was more significant.

Am I missing any glaring ones?

Does John Wallace's shot in that same 1996 Georgia game not count? Because that was focking awesome.

Does John Wallace's shot in that same 1996 Georgia game not count? Because that was focking awesome.

Not a buzzer beater, Georgia had time to come back and get a decent look.

Sims had one against Nova. We lost in OT, but it was probably our best buzzer beater of games we lost.

What about Dave Johnson against Georgetown in the 1992 Big East Tournament (I think it was G'Town, and I think it was the final). Either way he hit a big shot in that tournament at some point.

I don't remember if that was that a buzzer beater or if there was a bit of time left.

I'd have GMac vs. Cinci no lower than second on that list.

Great point because we're not in the Tourney without that. Side not is that I was always annoyed when I pundits would say we had to win the BET that year to get in when it was sort of clear that we were in after beating UCONN, and poss in even if we had lost at the end.

What about Dave Johnson against Georgetown in the 1992 Big East Tournament (I think it was G'Town, and I think it was the final). Either way he hit a big shot in that tournament at some point.

I don't remember if that was that a buzzer beater or if there was a bit of time left.
Left about 3 seconds on the clock...they didn't get a good look.

I'd have GMac vs. Cinci no lower than second on that list.

I'd have his 3 against UConn in the 2006 BET on it too. Though that was to put the game in OT. UConn was really good that year though. That was an incredible win.

2. Last night
3. Pearl vs. BC, 1984

Agree? Disagree? I know the older guys will be offended that I dropped Pearl to #3 but I think last night's was more significant.

This older guy isn't offended at all. BC was not the same team they are now (they were actually very very good). But had Pearl's shot not gone in, we would simply be going to OT since the score was tied. Last night was much better because it was at Pitt and had it not gone in, we go home losers.

Guys, are we all on the same page as to the definition of a buzzer-beater?

;)

2. Last night
3. Pearl vs. BC, 1984

That Cipolla shot stands out to me as well.

Last night was so great because it was such a great team comeback. Both awesome

McRae v. Nova is a glaring ommission.

Not sure I can kick one off, so best make it a top 6 list.
I think there was only .2 seconds left when the ball was in bounded.

I think there was only .2 seconds left when the ball was in bounded.

There was more than that because he caught it and shot. It was pretty much a replay of the Laettner shot from the year before (I think). Same building, just the opposite basket. I do know that Conrad had less time than Laettner though, maybe 1.2.

Unfortunately, there's no YouTube clip of it that I can find. It's on my Orange Glory DVD that I'll have to relive again sometime soon.