Top 5 buzzer beaters of Boeheim era | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top 5 buzzer beaters of Boeheim era

I was just going to mention that one.

Yes, didn't recall it was a three but recall it was close to one. It was a broken play and I can't recall him ever hitting another shot from anywhere near that far out. I was stunned-- he probably was too:)

I think because of the implications of last night's win (keeping an undefeated season going) at a place we haven't won at in forever and where Pitt has never lost to a Top 5 team (before last night) puts it at the top of the list.

We have 2 wins at The Pete. Both last second buzzer-beating shots...
G-Mac (first Pitt loss at The Pete) and now TEnnis (first time a Top 5 team won at The Pete).

We have 2 wins at The Pete. Both last second buzzer-beating shots...
G-Mac (first Pitt loss at The Pete) and now TEnnis (first time a Top 5 team won at The Pete).

The 2004 game did not involve a buzzer-beater. G-Mac's 3-pointer was a backbreaker, but it came early in the OT period.

There was more than that because he caught it and shot. It was pretty much a replay of the Laettner shot from the year before (I think). Same building, just the opposite basket. I do know that Conrad had less time than Laettner though, maybe 1.2.

Unfortunately, there's no YouTube clip of it that I can find. It's on my Orange Glory DVD that I'll have to relive again sometime soon.
You are more correct, it was 1.3 seconds. I remember it was quick but I guess .2 seconds would be a little too quick. http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...lslAAAAIBAJ&sjid=raIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1262,3802625

I may have scrolled down too quick, but I didn't see Pearl v. G'town 1986. That may not "officially" be one as I believe there was 5 or so sec left.
Another G'town buzzer beater was in '81 by Marty Headd. Danny Schayes had 23 boards in that game. That was when Danny was playing like the best center in the country the last 2 months of the year.
In 1980 a week after having our collective psyches crushed by G'town, Hal Cohen drove nearly the length of the floor , dished to a driving Louis Orr for a layup at the buzzer to beat St John's at St. Johns. We were 14-0 and 21-1 at one point, and soon we were losing our final home game at Manley. We recovered enough to make the regionals but lost in the East Regional opening game vs. Iowa. What a peak and valley year that was. That was a great team but I always look back at it with as a grey scene, feeling empty. The heartbreak outweighed the joy.

Last edited: