Top 5 Recruits You Were Most Excited About All-Time | Syracusefan.com

Top 5 Recruits You Were Most Excited About All-Time

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
1. Steve Ishmael - I was so positive he’d be a star and our next Harrison. He would not reach those levels but was a man amongst boys and the star of a receiver duo that may have been the most consistent I’ve seen in college football. One that’d topple Clemson on the Hill.

2. Cornelius Nunn - not so fast Miami. Another South Florida kid who chose to take his talents North and I think there’s much still to be written on this Kid. Fantastic length and instincts, a true big time talent.

3. Jarveon Howard - big deep south running back that looked carved out of damn stone. Reminded me of the man children OSU, Bama and Georgia seem to harvest yearly from High Schools.

4. Jonathan Thomas - battled Oklahoma and won, really thought “Hollywood” would be a stud for us. To his credit he adapted to a new defense with the start to Dino’s time and had a serviceable career.

5. Jawhar Jaguar Jordan - Kids got Reggie Bush wheels and skills. Can’t friggin wait.

Honorable mentions: Trill, Tommy, Broyld, Sales, Spruill and Slayton

1. Steve Ishmael - I was so positive he’d be a star and our next Harrison. He would not reach those levels but was a man amongst boys and the star of a receiver duo that may have been the most consistent I’ve seen in college football. One that’d topple Clemson on the Hill.

2. Cornelius Nunn - not so fast Miami. Another South Florida kid who chose to take his talents North and I think there’s much still to be written on this Kid. Fantastic length and instincts, a true big time talent.

3. Jarveon Howard - big deep south running back that looked carved out of damn stone. Reminded me of the man children OSU, Bama and Georgia seem to harvest yearly from High Schools.

4. Jonathan Thomas - battled Oklahoma and won, really thought “Hollywood” would be a stud for us. To his credit he adapted to a new defense with the start to Dino’s time and had a serviceable career.

5. Jawhar Jaguar Jordan - Kids got Reggie Bush wheels and skills. Can’t friggin wait.
3 of your Top 5 "All-Time" are current scholarship players?
C'Mon Man...:)

3 of your Top 5 "All-Time" are current scholarship players?
C'Mon Man...:)
Im 26 and have persevered the ...dark ages.

Being that much of what I’ve experienced with Syracuse football has been disappointment, I think it’s given me a different perspective looking at the Player Dino goes after. I love what he’s bringing in.

Honorable mentions: Trill, Tommy, Broyld, Sales, Spruill and Slayton
Mandel Robinson
Tim Green
Don McPherson
Johnny Morant
Tebucky Jones

I think all were HS AAs.

I am old.

In no particular order:
Rob Konrad
Terry Richardson
Johnny Morant
Tommy Devito
Ashton Broyld

Marvin Harrison
Scott Freeney (First Team USA Today All-American)
Dulayne Morgan (First Team USA Today All-American)
Donovan McNabb
Johnny Morant

Honorable Mention: Rob Konrad, Clifton Smith, James Mungro, Terry Richardson, Quinton Spotwood, Walter Reyes

Marvin Harrison
Scott Freeney (First Team USA Today All-American)
Dulayne Morgan (First Team USA Today All-American)
Donovan McNabb
Johnny Morant

Honorable Mention: Rob Konrad, Clifton Smith, James Mungro, Terry Richardson, Quinton Spotwood, Walter Reyes
i believe this is true: Johnny Morant and Walter Reyes committed on consecutive days. There may have been a day in between.

Tim Green
Chris Gedney
Ismail
Mcnabb
konrad
Spotwood