Top 50 | Syracusefan.com

Top 50

goodroc

Starter
All hear every yr is quality wins. We are 7 and 2 vs top 50 Try to find a team that equals that. Not many. Sure we are not playing well and could have many more losses. But the fact remains we are 27 and 5. 7 and 2 vs top 50. And 15 and 3 vs top 100. Put that up in blind resume test and many of the talking heads would say we still have number 1 seed numbers.

anything lower than a 3 would be a joke unless they changed the criteria this yr and I'm not aware of it.

flip that around and we have 3 losses to teams out of the top 50

not good

flip that around and we have 3 losses to teams out of the top 50

not good

And where does everyone else's losses stack up? Kansas a projected 2 seed has 9 total losses. Are they all good losses?

The general theme is for Syracuse we're examining the last two weeks but for everyone else it's the entire body of work.

I really think people are going to be surprise across the board today - all teams.

It would be complete bs if we're a 4. Our "overall body of work" is at worst 3 seed worthy, and probably a 2.

We're on par with about 12 teams other teams resume wise; but skurey is right, we have 2 really bad losses.

I think most of us would be thrilled with a 3. Hopefully they can turn on a switch and get it going. Awfully difficult to do when you finish the season poorly and then crap the bed in your conference tourney.

It would be complete bs if we're a 4. Our "overall body of work" is at worst 3 seed worthy, and probably a 2.

Let's hope. At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if we were a 4, and if we make the sweet 16 and the seeds hold, our third round game would be against a #1, and I'd rather not face Florida until we have to. Nobody else scares me among the other possible 1's. Louisville scares me right now, but they aren't likely to get a 1.

Let's hope. At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if we were a 4, and if we make the sweet 16 and the seeds hold, our third round game would be against a #1, and I'd rather not face Florida until we have to. Nobody else scares me among the other possible 1's. Louisville scares me right now, but they aren't likely to get a 1.

Yeah, Louisville won't get a 1 but you watch Florida and can see that they know what they're doing pretty much all the time. Wilbekin is playing really well now and that gives them two solid 3 point threats now. Athletic forwards. Really good team.

Last edited:
That's why it's important to get a 3 seed over a 4, you avoid the 1 seed till elite 8. Although it didn't matter last year. And the 1 seeds aren't as strong as usual.

That's why it's important to get a 3 seed over a 4, you avoid the 1 seed till elite 8. Although it didn't matter last year. And the 1 seeds aren't as strong as usual.
Normally yes. But if we're in the Midwest, I'd rather see WSU in the Sweet 16 instead of Kansas.

Amazing how FL defense shut down TN in 2nd half yesterday. Not who Cuse would want to face with a struggling offense right now.

Without the 2 bad losses, we'd be a 2 for sure at worst. Will be interesting to see how much stock the committee puts into full body vs. what you've done lately for Cuse's seed. At least a 3 keeps you from playing the 1 until Elite 8. We can beat any 2 seed out there when playing well. But if we're a 4, so be it.

Normally yes. But if we're in the Midwest, I'd rather see WSU in the Sweet 16 instead of Kansas.
I don't know. WSU is really good, no matter their SOS. KU would be tough too no doubt, but WSU to the FF or even NC game is distinctly possible. At this point, SU just needs to play well against whoever. Every team will be a challenge. Cuse will be up for it.

I don't care if we're a 16 seed. If it means we play better, I don't care what, or where, we are.

I think most of us would be thrilled with a 3. Hopefully they can turn on a switch and get it going. Awfully difficult to do when you finish the season poorly and then crap the bed in your conference tourney.
Funny. Well, hopefully, they can now get off the sh!tter (or crapper) and come out ready to go. Better change the sheets too!

Everyone is preparing for a 4 because no one has faith that the committee will go by the criteria the are supposed to. All we hear about is how teams are playing right now, last 10 games, which is not a criteria but I highly doubt it doesn't factor in.

I don't think I'll root for a team to lose early harder than Kansas. It's like they are exempt from any criticism because of the Embiid injury and because they played in the BigXII. The BigXII is and always will be overrated. I think the tournament will expose that conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom