Top Chef 20: London | Syracusefan.com

Top Chef 20: London

big padma fan BUT...shout out to the lovely gail rocking it in the red short shorts. those legs looked toned.

(and she's canadien)
Wife and I said the same damned thing! She lost that baby weight and wanted to show the WORLD!

Padma did a show many years ago on food network called PADMA'S PASSPORT. i taped every one on VHS (stalker much) and sent her a note card and jar of saffron. got a nice note back thanking me (and ordering me to stay 500yards away). so while padma is my saffron girl lovely gail is my maple syrup momma . both delicious.

watched 2 episodes. are they staying in a hotel ? charbel, dale and begone look dangerous if i'm betting win place show early. but this is a talented group.
london cuisine is not particularly loved worldwide. gotta believe we'll see fish and chips, bangers and mash, and a blood sausage and scotch egg before they leave.

Last edited:
Wife and I said the same damned thing! She lost that baby weight and wanted to show the WORLD!

Gail had a big GLOW up a few seasons back for sure. Love Padma, but my wife and I are always discussing her odd choices for outfits. Take one of the most naturally beautiful women in the world and put her in clothes that make no sense. Love Top Chef though.

Glad Dawn is gone early, (unless she comes through LCK) not a fan.

Ate at Broadway by amar santana in Laguna Beach last Thursday. Tremendous experience. I had the mole beef cheeks as my main, the hamachi as a starter, and some mushrooms with pearl oniony as a side. My coworker ordered the Mediterranean braised lamb shank that amar did to win an elimination challenge this season. It was outstanding as well. And a huge meal. We had a great time.

Was my seventh top chef restaurant.

Ate at Broadway by amar santana in Laguna Beach last Thursday. Tremendous experience. I had the mole beef cheeks as my main, the hamachi as a starter, and some mushrooms with pearl oniony as a side. My coworker ordered the Mediterranean braised lamb shank that amar did to win an elimination challenge this season. It was outstanding as well. And a huge meal. We had a great time.

Was my seventh top chef restaurant.
{moving to No Peasants thread...}

i watched restaurant war episode. not a fan of the new format. half the fun was watching them struggle with front of the house. it was always top chef suicide to volunteer either the front of house or executive chef. you were almost always going down. giving them a fully trained staff at a 5 star restaurant took away some of the drama. that said one team clearly outperformed the other. more cohesive concept start to finish.
(tom getting up from service and walking into the kitchen was kinda weird.)
how many 5 star restaurants allow that ?

Last edited:
i watched restaurant war episode. not a fan of the new format. half the fun was watching them struggle with front of the house. it was always top chef suicide to volunteer either the front of house or executive chef. you were almost always going down. giving them a fully trained staff at a 5 star restaurant took away some of the drama. that said one team clearly outperformed the other. more cohesive concept start to finish.
(tom getting up from service and walking into the kitchen was kinda weird.)
how many 5 star restaurants allow that ?
Wife and I felt the same way.

i'll be the first to admit i almost always screw up the rice. but i'm not a chef.
amazing how the the best chefs in the world can screw up this simple dish.

watched amar and sarah get knocked out last night basically for the undercooked lamb. haven't watched LCK but those two and charbel should be a battle. one very good chef is coming back angry. ABB for me.
(anybody but budda) i just find him pompous and annoying.

watched amar and sarah get knocked out last night basically for the undercooked lamb. haven't watched LCK but those two and charbel should be a battle. one very good chef is coming back angry. ABB for me.
(anybody but budda) i just find him pompous and annoying.
Agree on Budda. Need him gone.

Solid finale. Not the result I was hoping for, but saw it coming. Don’t know how to feel about no Padma next year. Really interested to see how they replace her.

Solid finale. Not the result I was hoping for, but saw it coming. Don’t know how to feel about no Padma next year. Really interested to see how they replace her.
Undercooked protein sealed the deal I believe.

Gayle has been clearly portraying her “assets” worthy of replacing Padma.

finally got around to watching the finale. wasn't thrilled with the final group. buddha has skills but is just such a pompous jacka$$. sara cooks southern...that's it. true grits. i feel a great chef can step out of their comfort zone and cook any cuisine. like that blonde a couple seasons back or mr. mole , she was always just one note. and gabri (el gato) somehow managed to escape every week and found his way to the finales after almost burning down the kitchen several times . and again on cue (i actually called it moments before !) "SOMETHINGS BURNING ! burnt beans again! it's a pressure cooker .not that hard. but the little dude did serve the judges crickets. ballsy and out of the box . can't argue with the winner as pudge was solid every course . he jumped across several continents as "world" suggests. and he had the best sous chef imo. ali last picked go figure. finalist sara or amar way undercooked the liver and that was that. buhbye. gabri put up a game effort but this was Buddha's moment. how many times did he have to remind us all it was "back to back" . sad to hear Padma's leaving. only reason i started watching. also have to say it feels like tom checked out this season too. other than LCK he seems to have lost interest. said he wants to get back to cooking. let's hope the lovely gail doesn't say "TA - TA. wink.
buddha...bro congrats. now you can go choke on a cricket !

Last edited:
finally got around to watching the finale. wasn't thrilled with the final group. buddha has skills but is just such a pompous jacka$$. sara cooks southern...that's it. true grits. i feel a great chef can step out of their comfort zone and cook any cuisine. like that blonde a couple seasons back or mr. mole , she was always just one note. and gabri (el gato) somehow managed to escape every week and found his way to the finales after almost burning down the kitchen several times . and again on cue (i actually called it moments before !) "SOMETHINGS BURNING ! burnt beans again! it's a pressure cooker .not that hard. but the little dude did serve the judges crickets. ballsy and out of the box . can't argue with the winner as pudge was solid every course . he jumped across several continents as "world" suggests. and he had the best sous chef imo. ali last picked go figure. finalist sara or amar way undercooked the liver and that was that. buhbye. gabri put up a game effort but this was Buddha's moment. how many times did he have to remind us all it was "back to back" . sad to hear Padma's leaving. only reason i started watching. also have to say it feels like tom checked out this season too. other than LCK he seems to have lost interest. said he wants to get back to cooking. let's hope the lovely gail doesn't say "TA - TA. wink.
buddha...bro congrats. now you can go choke on a cricket !
Agree about Tom. He seemed like he hated many parts of this season.

There was never a doubt in my mind from the beginning, that Buddah was winning this. He's got crazy skills above everyone in this, and having worked under many chefs and having a few blow ups with them, if you didn't know or couldn't tell, chefs have huge egos.

Dam CuseFaninVT you got 7 of these restaurants under your belt?! I got 1 since it was in CO, Carrie Baird's place and I can do one more in Brother Luck in Colorado Springs. I'm gonna have to be conscious about places when I travel and hit you up.

Last edited:
There was never a doubt in my mind from the beginning, that Buddah was winning this. He's got crazy skills above everyone in this, and having worked under many chefs and having a few blow ups with them, if you didn't know or couldn't tell, chefs have huge egos.

Dam CuseFaninVT you got 7 of these restaurants under your belt?! I got 1 since it was in CO, Carrie Baird's place and I can do one more in Brother Luck in Colorado Springs. I'm gonna have to be conscious when I travel and hit you up for places.
Staying in the West Loop of Chicago made it easy. That was 4. Haven’t been to Girl and the Goat yet, but 2 of her other places are right there.

Staying in the West Loop of Chicago made it easy. That was 4. Haven’t been to Girl and the Goat yet, but 2 of her other places are right there.
i was at the girl and the donkey in tijuana. STAY AWAY or forever bleach your eyes .
ay carumba !

honestly how would you judge a TOP CHEF ?
i want to see butchering skills. i want to see the classic sauces. i want to see homemade bread and pasta. grilling on flame, plancha or griddle. sous vide. some tasty vegan dishes. seafood hot and cold. tasty soups and broths and spectacular salads for any palate . can you cook rice ? and of course something sweet for dessert.
and like the challenge wiley dufresne put before them. EGGS. any style on demand.
basically the ability to cook whatever is put in front of your regardless of your budget or time and prepare a magnificent dish. no matter the origin of the cuisine or the given ingredients.
tasty food on the plate ! many flavor riffs and many mastered techniques. that is a TOP CHEF.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom