Top of the Mountain... | Syracusefan.com

Top of the Mountain...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Well, here we are with none of our traditional BE rivalries worth fussing about.

UConn - self distructing faster than my old Mission Man moniker tape.....

GTown - Noel-less & solid, but hardly spectacular.

Pitt - You can only over-achieve for so long wo getting the top recruits. They had finally gotten a big kahuna (Birch) recruit & he did far more harm than good for them.

That leaves the Ville - they will be the main competition next season, but now that our losing streak against them has been broken, games against them will hardly have the same intensity as our other big rivalries.

Oh, well, ND is always good to hate upon.

I guess, we will not be leaving much behind & five or ten years out it will be Duke & NC.

I guess, we will not be leaving much behind & five or ten years out it will be Duke & NC.
ACC seems to have a few teams on the upswing. UVA just had a great season by their standards, and have a very good recruiting class joining. UMD will be back. FSU loses seniors but will be back before long also.

Pitt got another "Big Kahuna" this year in Adams, who I believe is part of New Zealand's fourth most popular novelty folk music group.

ACC seems to have a few teams on the upswing. UVA just had a great season by their standards, and have a very good recruiting class joining. UMD will be back. FSU loses seniors but will be back before long also.
NC State will be a force. Love what Gottfried is doing there. And think since we've played them a few times lately we could see a nice little rivalry develop there. Duke has UNC; Wake is irrelevant; NC State is looking for a rival.

NC State will be a force. Love what Gottfried is doing there. And think since we've played them a few times lately we could see a nice little rivalry develop there. Duke has UNC; Wake is irrelevant; NC State is looking for a rival.
Right, can't believe I forgot NCSt. They could be top 10 next year and a favorite in the ACC. Got 3 McD AA joining, although I'm skeptical of Tyler Lewis... I think he was an AA just because he's an Oak Hill boy :noidea:

Right, can't believe I forgot NCSt. They could be top 10 next year and a favorite in the ACC. Got 3 McD AA joining, although I'm skeptical of Tyler Lewis... I think he was an AA just because he's an Oak Hill boy :noidea:

Lewis did look he didn't belong with the other players at the McD game, but I did get to see him in person play an extremely athletic Grace Prep team with 5 D1 players in their starting lineup including Isaiah Austin. He was awesome in that game and actually took home the Player of the Game trophy.

If Leslie stays, I would think NC St might even be the pre-season pick in the ACC.

I really hope we gain some rivalries with Pitt, NC St, or someone other than our 'partner' Boston College. That does not thrill me at all even when they were in the Big East.

Lewis did look he didn't belong with the other players at the McD game, but I did get to see him in person play an extremely athletic Grace Prep team with 5 D1 players in their starting lineup including Isaiah Austin. He was awesome in that game and actually took home the Player of the Game trophy.

If Leslie stays, I would think NC St might even be the pre-season pick in the ACC.

I really hope we gain some rivalries with Pitt, NC St, or someone other than our 'partner' Boston College. That does not thrill me at all even when they were in the Big East.
I guess we'll know about Leslie by April 29th. Agree, it will be NC St or Dook favored to win the ACC IMO.

I guess we'll know about Leslie by April 29th. Agree, it will be NC St or Dook favored to win the ACC IMO.
In Katz's preseason top 25 he has NC State 7, UNC 11 and Duke 15. FWIW, Cuse 12th.

Pitt has a Kiwi center coming in, and that shiny new CBI trophy to defend

Pitt got another "Big Kahuna" this year in Adams, who I believe is part of New Zealand's fourth most popular novelty folk music group.

I thought New Zealand only had kiwis, Hobbits and The Naked and Famous. We sent them basketball in the form of Eric Devendorf.

BTW, do they still have the America's Cup?

Eastcoast just got to say Love your signature.
reminds me of that clash of the titan movie.

'preciate it bro. Never saw that movie, it any good?
When talking about the remake, if anyone says "yes" they are clearly on drugs or in 2nd grade.

And the original isn't much better.

Yeah best part of it is Hades comes in a black cloud its really cool.
Outside of that and some decent special effects its not that good.

NC State cracking the top 2 in the league? I'll believe it when I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom